With the dash almost fully operational and the engine bay coming together, we shifted our attention to the heater blower and duct work. Before reinstalling the heater we took it to parade rest to get it cleaned. Then we painted it. While it was out of the car we also bench tested it to ensure the motor worked...it did.
The dash switch for the blower was broken the day we purchased Tracy, but Moss motors provided a quick source for a new one. I'm not sure how it happened, but we actually ordered and received 2. This ended up being pretty important later on. After installing the new switch we re-connected the wire.
When we reinstalled the blower, the blower electrical circuit didn't work. We could use the battery to run the blower with jumpers, but the switch didn't work. We checked the wiring diagram and found that the hot wire (green/yellow) was not on the switch, only the ground (notice above when I typed "...we re-connected the wire.". This slowed things for a bit until I remembered the green/yellow wire on the tach, which is just above the blower switch. I pulled it off the tach and we started the engine...the tach still worked fine. So we attached the green/yellow wire to the blower switch and it worked! We then installed the duct work, a bit of a PITA, but it's done and it looks pretty good.
After a short drive with Melissa (my wife/Jax's moter), we noted that the blower stopped working. Jax and I checked the fuses, continuity on the wires and ran the blower on the battery...all checked fine. So we pulled the switch (brand new) and figured out that it was the problem. After pulling it apart, cleaning and reassembling it it still did not work. Then I remembered that I had inadvertently purchased 2 switches...and we found another new one. We checked it, installed it and now it's all good.