AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, california, USA   USA
Ryan,

You're the first guy I've ever heard of who has adjusted his timing by rebuilding the motor, I usually just use a timing light after a static set. It seems a bit like killing ants with atom bombs, but whatever works I guess.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oldwarhorse Avatar
oldwarhorse Ryan Hadskey
Memphis, Tennessee, USA   USA
It was off considerably..

ozhealey Avatar
ozhealey Tony P
Canberra, ACT, Australia   AUS
Ryan,

Great job, well done!

I totally get you rebuilding the engine and I for one agree with your method. Noting the cam timing was out a couple of teeth and you had compression issues and the "true" state of the engine was unknown to you, it is always good to have a rock solid foundation from where to begin the enjoyment of owning, restoring (dont touch the paint and look of the warhorse!!) and driving a Big Healey.

Cheers
Tony

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, California, USA   USA
Congratulations Ryan. Perseverance always pays off in the end!!! Enjoy the ride.
Pete

63mechanic Avatar
63mechanic Ted S
Langley, Bc, Canada   CAN
Ryan, coming late to the party...
I've read your posts and all the comments..
Quick question >???
Your low compression problem is this with the SU carbs installed or the triple Webers >???
Did you sort this out yet >???
Cheers Ted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 09:49 AM by 63mechanic.

Attachments:
IMG_1926.jpg    74.7 KB
IMG_1926.jpg

fullsizeoutput_12a.jpeg    49.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
oldwarhorse Avatar
oldwarhorse Ryan Hadskey
Memphis, Tennessee, USA   USA
Ok, thanks everyone for the encouragement. Pete thanks for checking in on me periodically! As to the compression issue. When I had the SU carbs on there with butterfly's open I was getting low comp because of poor ring seating and glazed cylinder walls. I could put oil on top of cylinders and coax another 20-30 pounds out of em and that's when I decided to pull the motor and get rebuilt! Also the Weber setup looks great on your car!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links