windshield wiper blades

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Johnski3000 John Klimaszewski
San Jose, CA, USA   USA
I have a 1965 3000 early bj8. I am trying to simply remove the old windshield wiper blade. I just can't see how to release it, and can't find anything online to help. The replacement blade has a pinhole on top, that would make it easy to press a pin in the arm, but my old blade does not have anything like that (picture attached). There must be a simple way. Any help would be appreciated.

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
windshield wiper blade.jpg    28.6 KB
windshield wiper blade.jpg

layaj2 Andy Lay
Bisley, Surrey, UK   GBR
John

Here's the stuff for the handbook, covers all models. It could be that yours aren't original or are from a different car e.g. another BMC model. I just checked mine and they are slightly different fro each other.

Andy

Attachments:
wiper blade removal - 1.jpg    26.4 KB
wiper blade removal  - 1.jpg

wiper blade removal - 2.jpg    30.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
San Jose, CA, USA   USA
Thanks,
It may not be stock, the replacement blades I bought do have a hole for the raised portion of the arm to go in. I will just pry the old ones off. Thanks

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
San Jose, CA, USA   USA
I found the answer at the Healey meet in Monterrey. This type of blade was used on the Phase 1's as well but not the later Phase 2's and just have a clip to pull back and release.

John

Attachments:
wiper blade latch.jpg    19.9 KB
wiper blade latch.jpg

e653666 Avatar
e653666 Glen P
Mentor, ohio, USA   USA
While were on the wiper blade subject - can anybody tell me what the original manufacturer's name was for BT7 wipers? were they trico? rainbow ?

and did the wiper arms have a screw securing the arm or were they push-on's . Thanks GP

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links