Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Fautz Avatar
Fautz John Fautz
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
Are there any tricks to installing the door handle on a '67 BJ8. I can't line up the pin with the hole. I'm also having difficulty pushing the pannel in far enough to expose the hole.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, CA, USA   USA
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7 "RUBY"
1963 Chevrolet C10 "Rusty"
John,
It can be a real bitch. I fought mine for a couple of hours when I installed my new door panels. I remember there was some information in past posts. Try using the "SEARCH" feature. I do remember that I barely got it started then I rad to use a pin punch and a small hammer to persuade the locking pin into place. I also remember applying a lot of tape to the new door panel in case something slipped. I didn't want to gouge or tear the new door panels. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Pete

Jack T Avatar
Greensburg, PA, USA   USA
If you've installed new door cards it is nearly impossible to get the pins in without some judicious cutting of the panels around the openings. The original panels were a bit thinner than the modern replacements.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links