$$$ Cost of 3000 engine rebuild ....$$$

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

GregPoo Greg P
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
$13,000 for an engine overhaul, just parts?? .. you mean $1,300 don't you?!? I recently refitted my engine ('67 BJ8) after i fully overhauled it: around A$3,000 in parts and machining (i didn't charge myself for my own labour, naturally.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
63mechanic Avatar
63mechanic Ted S
Langley, Bc, Canada   CAN
Ahhhhh, nope that's correct 13,000 $$$$
The price for stronger forged internals are crazzzy
Please remember the only thing that was recycled from this engine build was the original engine block
Everything from the aluminum oil sump to the aluminum Dennis Welch roller rockers which are beautifully covered by the aluminum valve cover has been replaced...
My engine has gone through a severe weight reduction regimen
.....And 'No' I havn't included any of my billable time to this project...
smileys with beer

Attachments:
fullsizeoutput_10e.jpeg    78.8 KB
fullsizeoutput_10e.jpeg

Holmes Silver Member Tom MILLER
Manitou Springs, CO, USA   USA
Hi Ted, I spent over $5000 30 years ago. Not sure if you need anything, but I have a ton of parts, plus trany & disassembled overdrive, door with roll up window, dashboards, side curtains, etc.,etc.,etc.. If you need stuff, feel free to call. Good luck with your project. Tom M. @ 719 210 4393

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
63mechanic Avatar
63mechanic Ted S
Thanks Tom for your generosity....
I just finished the whole drivetrain rebuild including the overdrive..
I'm currently on hiatus with this project because up here in the north and west coast the dayz are short with sunlight...
I get up in the morning in the dark.... go to work and come home in the dark....
I hate winter !!!!!!
Cheers for nowsmileys with beer
Ted

GregPoo Greg P
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
That explains that then ...

coldrooms John Lawrence
London, Thurrock, UK   GBR
Just purchased an engine from USA, straight six from a dealer on EBAY. GOING TO PUT IT IN A BT7 1960 Which i bought with a Rover SDI ENGINE FITTED !!!!

Car was reimported into GB (1990's) with an american V8 fitted (Buick.) this was out of breath and puffy, so thats when the Rover engine was installed as a replacement, 1996.
I have contacted the person who done the engine and fitting work. He and i have spoke about this car.

I like originality and stock vehicles so the V8 grated my soul.

The question is can any one out there give me any history on this car and engine.

Engine number, 29 D/ RUH 2541. Chassis body number, HBT 7/ 6881.
Would be obliged, John L.

63mechanic Avatar
63mechanic Ted S
Wow you have a picture of the V8 in the Healey >???
Ted

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1956 Austin Healey 100

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links