AHExp

The 3000 Forum

What did you do with your Big Healey today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you repair or replace some worn out parts?
Add a new accessory?
Take it out for a drive on twisty back roads?

What did YOU do with your Healey 3000 today?

Post your update below......

Webmaster, The Austin-Healey Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
alsemus Albert Seminatore
Pahrump, NV, USA   USA
I took my beloved 1960 Austin Healey 3000 on a 30 mile ( 15miles each way) drive. I went up to visit our horse at the stable. The first 5 miles was at speed, around 60mph, the next 5 miles was through town so left the OD off and kept my foot out of it. The final 5 miles again was at speed. I have to realize that my beloved AH is as old as I am, or at least almost, and needs to be driven with care. It has one sick cylinder -- bad valvue and rings. The "Dr.s" in Las Vegas won't be able to operate until mid Feb.. I just keep telling it that once this surgery is over its entire running train will be in like new shape and then maybe if I get over my fear of wind we can go for a high speed drive along the open roads of Nevada. In the mean time we wil enjoy each other and have as much fun as possible....... Al

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Vintage n Classic Avatar
Vintage n Classic Silver Member Geoff Golding
Nelson, Tasman, New Zealand   NZL
I have replaced the rear shackle bushes with nylon instead of bronze using a product called "Nolathane" which is a nylon which can be machined at slow speeds. Looking forward to no more rattles from the rear end suspension having previously replaced all the other bushes on the rear springs with nylon also.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Interesting, did you machine the Nolathane yourself?

Skye

Member Services:
Vintage n Classic Avatar
No it was not necessary as you can obtain the correct I.D. and O.D. and flange sizes - I just had to cut (with a hacksaw) approx. 3/16" off the length. Having made the cut, I "polished" the cut face with a bench grinder wheel.

Just for the record as I said previously if it is machined its done at slow speeds with a good sharp tool and the Nolathane takes on the appearance of a turned surface rather that that of a semi-shiny plastic.

Cheers
Geoff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
petnatcar Avatar
petnatcar Silver Member Peter Carbone
Watertown, New York, USA   USA
Changed the 13 year old steel muffler for a new stainless steel model and got a surprise.
What a difference in performance! I knew it would be quieter but was surprised by the extra power.
It must have something to do with back pressure because the old one had no baffles left.
Had to hack some of the frame off and weld on a small patch but it has been one of the better investments I've made in the 42 years I've owned this car and now the muffler is the nicest thing on the car.

Attachments:
DSCN1226.JPG    34.2 KB
DSCN1226.JPG

DSCN1223.JPG    48.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCN1239.JPG    49.1 KB
Paul1973 Avatar
Paul1973 Paul Scicluna
Birkirkara, ., Malta   MLT
Just minutes after sunset..... quick ride in the eve after work. Next one should be with the sun settling down. My car is set & running smoothly finally, time to enjoy as summer approaches!

Attachments:
healey1.jpg    38.1 KB
healey1.jpg

healey3.jpg    42.5 KB
healey5.jpg    38.1 KB
healey2.jpg    35.3 KB
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Nice shots! I love motoring in that time just after sunset when the air is nice and cool and the roads are quiet.

Skye

Member Services:
skippythebusdriver Damien Carrick
Twickenham, Middlesex, UK   GBR
Yesterday we made the first outing for this spring. Glorious sunny afternoon to head through some country lanes then for a pub stop by the banks of the Thames.

Attachments:
Healey under wisteria, 30Apr2014.jpg    67.3 KB
Healey under wisteria, 30Apr2014.jpg

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Wow great photo Damien! Spring is finally arriving....

Member Services:
Moosefeather Randy Bohnet
Claresholm, Alberta, Canada   CAN
I had refurbished the rear shocks, so went to put them on and go for an evening drive. Unfortunately, I had bought new bolts and couldn't find the bag and living in a small town nothing was open. So, instead I decided to start installing the hushmat I bought. Simple right! After taking the seats out I had to lower the exhaust system so I could take out the heat shield so I could get at the 3 bolts to the seat bracket. Then of course after removing the center console I had to go all the way and take the transmission tunnel off so I could get the carpet off the cowl and etc. etc. Well, of course since I'm under there I may as well do a little cleaning up and regreasing right. Sheesh! Loved every minute of it.

Vito321 Mark S
Poughkeepsie, NY, USA   USA
Yesterday we drove the 1964 BJ7 to the local high school for their charity car show & won a People Choice award.

Vintage n Classic Avatar
Beautiful clear, crisp late autumn day, Healey all cleaned and running beautifully, so it was off to Motueka (on the western side of Tasman Bay) about a 70 mile round trip for a coffee - no traffic, great roads, wind in the hair - BLISS.

Just what you'll get if you come to the Austin Healey N.Z. Rally in Nelson at Easter in 2015...................... More details go to www.austinhealey.org.nz.

Ashley James Avatar
Stroud, UK   GBR
Last weekend was La Vie en Bleu at Prescott Hill Climb in the Cotwolds near Cheltenham. It's home to the Bugatti Owners Club and the meeting was a celebration of all things French.

Below is a 1904 Panhard Levassor with genuine imitation Can Can Girls.

And a very rare Amilcar Coupe I'd never seen before.

An early Bugatti and a row of Astons too.

Monday was Wings And Wheels at Bidford near Stratford upon Avon

This is a WW 2 reconnaissance plane called Auster. 90 Knots cruise so slightly faster than Healey. winking smiley

I was the only Healey amongst the old cars so became and exhibit!

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Great photos Ashley!

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links