Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

HealeyFan Avatar
HealeyFan Silver Member Russ D
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
Have you sold your engine? I need an engine and transmission for a BN! 1954 100. Please let me know. russ@russdeane.com. 850-814-8336

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DTDuck Avatar
DTDuck Dan Marshall
Redwood City, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 188054 by Shamrock HA...good one, wow 5 grand you say, that's tough. I probably have a good year of body work ahead of me so if I do run factory I have time to save , but i may still have to work some overtime for that kind of cash. Still not out of the question thou.
Well, at $10k I am figuring a new head and gearbox stuff as well. It would cost about $5k to build a good 1275 sprite motor, so it's not that much different costwise. Good luck!

Cheers,
Dan M.

HealeyFan Avatar
HealeyFan Silver Member Russ D
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
I am also interested in a BN1 transmission and have plenty of time. Still putting the Healey together. russ@russdeane.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DTDuck Avatar
DTDuck Dan Marshall
In reply to # 188027 by DTDuck
In reply to # 188018 by gladhill1937 And then sometimes there are valid reasons for a V8 in a Healey.
Sure, but my original point was that there are plenty of them already out there if that's what you really want. At this point in time there is just no justification for taking a largely correct car and doing a conversion on it. Now if you had a rusted out car with no driveline, sure, put a Jule chassis under it and convert away.

Cheers,
Dan M.
Speaking of which here is one from EBay that looks pretty nice:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Austin-Healey-BN1-/371802577477?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5691291a45:g:lyAAAOSwo4pYPj0E&item=371802577477

Dan M.

filospinato Avatar
filospinato Jake Voelckers
Manassas, VA, USA   USA
In reply to # 188228 by DTDuck Speaking of which here is one from EBay that looks pretty nice:
Dan M.

Those bumpers.
The copper tubing that can only be a fuel line.
The hood that doesn't close all the way.

Pretty nice, indeed!

DTDuck Avatar
DTDuck Dan Marshall
In reply to # 188230 by filospinato
In reply to # 188228 by DTDuck Speaking of which here is one from EBay that looks pretty nice:
Dan M.

Those bumpers.
The copper tubing that can only be a fuel line.
The hood that doesn't close all the way.

Pretty nice, indeed!
For a conversion that is...
Also has the X part cut from the frame, etc.

Dan M.

Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
Holly crap the x member is gone, how is the frame staying together latterly. I'm amazed the frame isnt folding in. What's with all the gauges, how many things can go wrong that you need that many. Other than that it is a nice looker.

DTDuck Avatar
DTDuck Dan Marshall
In reply to # 188233 by Shamrock Holly crap the x member is gone, how is the frame staying together latterly. I'm amazed the frame isnt folding in. What's with all the gauges, how many things can go wrong that you need that many. Other than that it is a nice looker.
On the gauges, lets see he has separate Oil Pressure and Water Temp gauges, that adds one. Ammeter - totally unnecessary. Oil Temp gauge, very valuable if you ever drive it hard. Hard to see but it looks like a Vacuum gauge, not sure why, but I'm not a V-8 guy. And I think there is a fuel pressure gauge as well, once again very valuable if you ever drive it hard. I am personally planning on adding the 100S Oil Temp gauge and a Smiths Fuel pressure gauge to my BN1.

Cheers,
Dan M.

number 5 Peter H
Richmond, nsw, Australia   AUS
Hi-Perhaps you have acquired your engine by now, but if not, I have a complete block & head from an A90. I can be contacted onmy mailbox pjhackney@optusnet.com.au

Regards-Peter

Qldelsie Silver Member Giles Cooper
Benowa, Queensland, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 197918 by number 5 Hi-Perhaps you have acquired your engine by now, but if not, I have a complete block & head from an A90. I can be contacted onmy mailbox pjhackney@optusnet.com.au

Regards-Peter

I wish you had been on here 4 weeks ago, Peter . We have been searching high and low for a head !! Finally found one - Or rather two !! Up in Qld !!

Giles

https://austin-healeypekingtoparis2019.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/austin.healey.73113?

number 5 Peter H
Richmond, nsw, Australia   AUS
Hi there Giles,

If you read my e-mail, drop a line to my address. I will keep it on file for future reference.

Regards-Peter

Michael Oritt Avatar
LUSBY, MD, USA   USA
I have a 100 head that is surplus to my needs.
It's in good shape and is already cracked.

Best--Michael Oritt

1954 Austin-Healey 100
1958 Elva Courier
1959 Elva MK IV sports racer
1961 Ginetta G4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 06:32 PM by Michael Oritt.

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Michael,

I always loved the Elva Courier, the rarity factor is of the charts, and amazingly you have two! Even a lot of Brit Car folk that I've talked to have never heard of them. I had a Lotus Super 7 that is rare but the Courier seems to be rarer than that. I'd love to see some pics.

Michael Oritt Avatar
LUSBY, MD, USA   USA
Kevin--

The Elva Courier was built as a production car, though the ultimate destination for many was the track due to their good handling and relatively high power to weight ratio. OTOH the Elva MK IV sports racer was designed from the get-go as a race car and has a space frame chassis. About the only thing they share is a nameplate, though both originally came with MGA transmissions and BMC A differentials.

Here's a pic of both of them on the track at Summit Point, WV with my son driving the Courier. There is some commonality in appearance.

BTW the Courier is about to go on the market and is truly race-ready. Contact me by PM if you are interested.

Best--Michael Oritt

1954 Austin-Healey 100
1958 Elva Courier
1959 Elva MK IV sports racer
1961 Ginetta G4

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 08:58 PM by Michael Oritt.

Attachments:
Steve&Iontrack.jpg    8.9 KB
Steve&Iontrack.jpg

Qldelsie Silver Member Giles Cooper
Benowa, Queensland, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 197977 by Michael Oritt I have a 100 head that is surplus to my needs.
It's in good shape and is already cracked.

eye popping smiley "Is already cracked" ??????????

https://austin-healeypekingtoparis2019.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/austin.healey.73113?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links