functional side mirror

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jgalt Ernest Burguieres
Mandeville, Louisiana, USA   USA
Can anyone recommend a (functional) side mirror that can be added? I currently have the original style way up near the headlights. Someone said there are people who make attractive mirrors that can be clamped to windshield frame or stuck into the side curtain receptacle. Any thoughts?

Ernest

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, Oregon, USA   USA
In reply to # 188779 by jgalt Can anyone recommend a (functional) side mirror that can be added? I currently have the original style way up near the headlights. Someone said there are people who make attractive mirrors that can be clamped to windshield frame or stuck into the side curtain receptacle. Any thoughts?

Ernest

Here's your options, https://www.google.com/search?q=austin+healey+side+mirrors&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=633&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6gfP8urHRAhVNHGMKHXf9BRUQsAQIgAE

gossie Avatar
gossie Howard Gostelow
Queensland, Gold Coast, Australia   AUS
I hate mirrors up past the A pillar...........Can never understand why anybody would put one or even two there.
Try and get it just behind the A pillar in the very front of the door.

Check my avatar.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
richtr6 Avatar
richtr6 Silver Member RICHARD SANBORN
Gilroy, ca, USA   USA
Hi, I have 1959 100-6 and I didn't want to drill into a nice paint job. I got two mirrors from moss motors that fit in the fwd holes for the side curtains, they work perfect. I never use the side curtains out here in California so it has never been a problem.

jgalt Ernest Burguieres
Thanks. Are they specifically designed for installation in the side curtain receptacle? Do you have a part number?

Ernest

richtr6 Avatar
richtr6 Silver Member RICHARD SANBORN
Gilroy, ca, USA   USA
Yes, it is #162-523 in moss's latest catalogue. Price is $42.99 each.

jgalt Ernest Burguieres
Thank you!

dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
1955 MG TF
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Brutus"
I ordered a pair of round vintage style mirrors from Harley Davidson. They fit perfectly in the side curtain holes, looked the part, and are cheaper. I think I paid $29 a piece. Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 12:07 AM by dkgraber85.

Attachments:
Car Show 3.jpg    95.4 KB
Car Show 3.jpg

johnbn6 Avatar
johnbn6 john nieuwenhuizen
kerkrade, limburg, Netherlands   NLD
There are side mirrors available that fit in the screw hole in the windscreen pillar were it attaches to the shroud.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links