AHExp

The 100-Six Forum

What did you do with your 100-Six today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Andrewn Avatar
Andrewn Andrew Nielsen
McKenzie Hill, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Registration HLYBN-4"
We went to a picnic at the Muckleford State school along with the Vintage Sports Car Club of Victoria. Lunch amongst the Delages, Sunbeams, Invictas and Packards just to mention a few. Very hot (34 deg C) but great company. Only about 5km up the road from our place at Castlemaine.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jmmarch Avatar
jmmarch Silver Member Mike March
Winchester, Virginia, USA   USA
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
1976 MG Midget 1500 ~ For Sale ! ~
Did an oil change even though it was only 35 degrees F. Ended up buying a 1 1/8" socket and a spin-off oil filter wrench.
Bought the filter locally but found the correct one on Amazon for the next change. Does anyone buy their oil on Amazon?

Good oil pressure.

All is well.

lotus anche Francesco F
Sassuolo, Modena, Italy   ITA
A nice trip around my city in a December sunny day to meet my friends for a BBQ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-09 04:10 AM by lotus anche.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG-20151227-WA012.jpg    29.2 KB
IMG-20151227-WA012.jpg

IMG-20151227-WA008.jpg    58.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
jmmarch Avatar
64 in Virginia. Went out to start the car...empty tank. Found some gas in a can and put in 1/2 gal.
Started right up. Off to the closest station and topped it off. Beautiful day for a ride.

jmmarch Avatar
Car was running rough. Started pulling spark plugs. #4 was badly fouled. I cleaned it and the car is now running much better.
I plan to replace then all but #6 seems a bit hard to access.
Wires look to be good.

Attachments:
IMG_4682.JPG    18.4 KB
IMG_4682.JPG

Texas57 Silver Member Robert C
Stephenville, TX, USA   USA
I took the 57 out for its first test drive since rebuilding the carbs, replacing some freeze plugs, restoring cooling system ( radiator and water pump rebuilt) , starter rebuild, setting the rockers, wire brushing and painting some rusty parts and finally giving it a good wash. Going 45 mph never was so much fun!!

~R

Attachments:
before.JPG    59.2 KB
before.JPG

after.JPG    62.5 KB
Andrewn Avatar
Andrewn Andrew Nielsen
I picked up a mate and went to a workshop in town called thr "Up the Creek" workshop. My car needs new kingpin bushes and they will do the machining after I pull it all down and then I will re-asssemble. They get some amazing pieces of machinery there. We saw 2 Lancia Lambdas , a 1928 4 1/2 litre Bentley , another WO Bentley under a tarp. a 20's Delage sport body , a 1938 4 litre Lagonda drop head , a K3 MG magnette and a couple of Austin 7's. I think that I would like to become a regular visitor! Motoring heaven as far as I am concerned. I live in a great place.

OzBN6 Ron J
Yarrowyck, New South Wales, Australia   AUS
Hi from Downunder,
Last weekend my partner & I went for a little drive (430km) to meet up with Healey Club members for a Xmas in July dinner.
Had a bit of a false start when the BN6 would not start - low battery. A real pain having to push the car out of the shed & then jump starting. I really must put in an anderson plug for such situations.
Don't often have the hood up in fine weather, but the morning was a crisp -2C, so we weakened a bit. Did leave the sidescreens out tho.
Excellent dinner & great get together with about 30 members.
Sunday coming home was a perfect tops off sunny day & we had a great run with little traffic to hold us up.
We did have a close encounter with a Highway Patrolman in Tenterfield about 230km from home, but at least he didn't call our car an MG!
Cheers,
Ron

Attachments:
Heading off.JPG    74.9 KB
Heading off.JPG

Cold weather gear.JPG    36.3 KB
Cunningham Hwy.JPG    55.4 KB
Tenterfield Patrol.JPG    60.9 KB
haasad Avatar
haasad Andy H
Wareham, Dorset, UK   GBR
Today I wished my 56 car a happy 60th birthday and fitted a DW oil cooler I bought as a Birthday present .

Andrewn Avatar
Andrewn Andrew Nielsen
Today in misty rain we drove 30 km to Daylesford Victoria rugged up with the top down to show solidarity with the local car club for cars and coffee. The town council has been giving them a hard time for using a local park so they decided to demonstrate the clogging effect that 30 or so classics would cause parking in the main street. Some times politicians can be a pain in the bum.
A good time was had by all and the modern cars cruising around looking for a parking space provided the entertainment. Hopefully the council will see the error of their opinions. lol the finger smiley

Attachments:
DSCF0067.JPG    41.8 KB
DSCF0067.JPG

DSCF0065.JPG    38.1 KB
16 DSC_0603.JPG    65.3 KB
oxford Matthew Randell
Adelaide, south australia, Australia   AUS
After four years of blood sweat and rust, every nut and bolt, took her for her first drive.

Attachments:
DSC00105.JPG    55.5 KB
DSC00105.JPG

Andrewn Avatar
Andrewn Andrew Nielsen
Cingratulations. Looks great.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Wow what a beauty Matthew! Looks like you've got some nice weather, very jealous

Add it to the registry if you have a minute:

http://www.ahexp.com/registry/entry.php

Thanks,
Skye

Webmaster, The Austin-Healey Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
oxford Matthew Randell
Adelaide, south australia, Australia   AUS
Thanks Skye
Yes, lovely weather here in South Australia.
I've entered the car in the registry.
Cheers

Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, Oregon, USA   USA
Awesome job Matthew, it's great to see another big Healey on the road. You should be very proud of your beautifully completed car and should enjoy every mile you put on her.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1956 Austin Healey 100

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links