Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

PaulWhitakerMGBGT Avatar
PaulWhitakerMGBGT paul whitaker
tunbridge wells, kent, UK   GBR
Hi, I wonder if anyone has any ideas to solve a problem I am experiencing. I have a 59 Frogeye with a front flip fibreglass bonnet. Brilliant access. The bonnet is secured on both inner wings using a catch mechanism identical to that of a Triumph Spitfire. The problem is that when opening and closing the bonnet the bottom lip of the bonnet which moves down towards the rocker foul on the hooks which are secured to the inner wings. I am wondering if there is a way to stop this, by somehow "flaring" out the bonnet sides as they come down past the catch. Any ideas please? Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
pixelsmithusa Avatar
I used to have a setup like you describe, but don't recall having that problem. A picture would help to see how much is catching, but you should check and see if the problem is related to too wide of a lip at the bottom of the wing or if it's the bonnet that is twisting, either because the fiberglass is rather thin or if it's your pivot points that allow twisting. Pictures would be good.

In reply to # 193279 by PaulWhitakerMGBGT Hi, I wonder if anyone has any ideas to solve a problem I am experiencing. I have a 59 Frogeye with a front flip fibreglass bonnet. Brilliant access. The bonnet is secured on both inner wings using a catch mechanism identical to that of a Triumph Spitfire. The problem is that when opening and closing the bonnet the bottom lip of the bonnet which moves down towards the rocker foul on the hooks which are secured to the inner wings. I am wondering if there is a way to stop this, by somehow "flaring" out the bonnet sides as they come down past the catch. Any ideas please? Thanks

Gerard

http://gerardsgarage.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 03:23 PM by pixelsmithusa.

PaulWhitakerMGBGT Avatar
PaulWhitakerMGBGT paul whitaker
tunbridge wells, kent, UK   GBR
ok, thats great feedback, let me have a look at the li, it might be i could trim it back, or perhaps would something like chrome u shaped protector around the lip

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links