AHExp

The Sprite Forum

Bugeye Headlight Switch problem - no rear running lights with headlights?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Scha Avatar
Scha Steve C
Bloomington, Illinois, USA   USA
When I turn the headlight switch to the "side lights" position, both the front and rear running lights work fine. When I move the switch to the "headlight" position, however, the headlights come on but the rear running lights do not come on. The brake lights work correctly and the turn signals work correctly, so I am thinking that there must be a problem in the ignition switch headlight circuits. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so was the fix a new headlight/ignition switch?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Linden, Tennessee, USA   USA
I have a similar problem with the rear running lights not coming on with the side light switch. Turn signals work great, brake lights work great. But the rear running lights (lower lights) do not come on, only the upper tail lights on H. I had a so-called expert do some work, but he just messed it up and do not want him touching it again.

59 Bug Eye.

Gary

AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, Colorado, USA   USA
The light portion of the ignition switch can be disassembled and cleaned. The contacts are simply spring loaded brass pins IIRC, My ignition switch was melted down and I wound up finding a NIB (Orange box) Lucas switch which fixed the problems (after I solved the ground issue that melted things).
I'd check the ground contacts at the light sockets first though, the Push-In-Place contacts are always my first suspects.

'58 Bugeye
'66 'Stang

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links