Bugeye Front Wings

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

westburn70 Eric Flack
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, UK   GBR
Anyone got a right hand front wing ie drivers side on uk cars. So left side looking at it from front.
In UK AH spares talking about a year to deliver. Frogeye spares make them for their own
body shells-do 3 a year and have 12 on waiting list. Trying Kilmartin and in US Bugeye guy
I got a bump in a street accident.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
britcardoc Dan Dougherty
Marietta, GA, USA   USA
I think I have one. I'll check tonight when I get home. Shipping will be horrible from US to UK. ....it is a long walk. LOL

Ransomstark Mathew H
Long Beach, California, USA   USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
westburn70 Eric Flack
Thanks. But that part on e-bay id for a Mark 1 Midget or Mark 2 Sprite. That is front inner win g
and is available in reasonable quality. It is the front outside wing for a Bugeye that I require.
The wait for new good ones is considerable.

Jim Gruber Avatar
Dayton, OH, USA   USA
Eric,

He doesn't understand "Brit Speak" we call it a Right Front Fender for a Bugeye rather than a Wing. Another lost in translation. And people look at me funny when I say I'm "Chuffed" or need to do more "Fettling" on Bugsy. There are some English Words that are just perfect to use to describe restoration of a British Car. Or I've watched too much of Ed China on Wheeler Dealer. I miss him already. And the new show starts over here on October 4th.

Ransomstark Mathew H
Long Beach, California, USA   USA
Correct. If you'd said right hand fender, right hand outer wing on the bonnet or right hand fender on the bonnet then it would have been clear. Good luck to you in finding the part though.

westburn70 Eric Flack
It is the right hand outer wing on the bonnet. Certain repo ones are dreadful. The National Geog channel have a car SOS
There was as sebring mark 1 Bugeye in the series. Will miss Edd China. They did a Wheeler Dealer with a Bugeye.
That was about 5 years ago. Have been in the USA. Certain words in Britain -cant use in US! Slang UK for cigarettes
springs to mind! The new series starting in Oct the UK motor press seem to think they have cheapened the show
as only doing a superficial restoration. I recall going into an Austin Healey dealership -had sign outside-in 1976 in Anaheim
Cal. They had bugeye bonnets "on the shelf" Bought a front grille for around $16 if memory is correct! Still have it on Bugsey!

Jim Gruber Avatar
Dayton, OH, USA   USA
Bugsy vs. Bugsey - so appropriately British. I love it. Actually Bugsy IV as I the Bugsy License Plate was already taken. Good luck in finding a wing and sorry to hear Bugsey had a scrape.

westburn70 Eric Flack
If you go one my facebook page I have a pic of the BE in the far south west of Ireland.
But poor quality "new" repo parts are a problem. Steering rack rubber boots, a rear wheel
cylinder leaking after 6 weeks. The internal bore the rubber sits in has not been machined
properly and has a rough surface with a lip.

lewmac Avatar
lewmac Silver Member Lew McAllan
Hawthorn Woods, Chicago, IL, USA   USA
1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six ~ For Sale ! ~
Eric,

Try contact this guy, since the left wing is gone, he may be willing to carve of the right wing ! I

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-austin-healey-sprite/6247469754.html

Cheers
Lew

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1956 Austin Healey 100

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links