Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lop402004 Avatar
lop402004 David Banks
Everett,Wa, USA   USA
This is the start of a labor of love for my wife. She hasnt been able to drive her little car for 10 years, "AVA" which came from the 1963 license plate. Car is running my challenge is all cosmetic,looking for information, tips, parts resources, ect any info to help me with this project would be great. email lop402004@yahoo.com

Dave in Washington

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
scoutll Avatar
scoutll Bryan Durham
North Dakota, USA   USA
1965 Chrysler 300 "Annie"
Hi Dave and welcome. I notice that you haven't gotten a welcome, or any replies at all for that matter. I own your car's MG Midget twin and hang out over at the MG Experience Midget forum (sister forum to this one).. Try over there for any questions you may have. The Midget and Sprite are virtual identical twins and everything except trim applies to either. There is a lot more activity there concerning anything Spridget.

Bryan

http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/list.php?3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-07 07:47 PM by scoutll.

Attachments:
Aug 13 14.jpg    45.1 KB
Aug 13 14.jpg

Dwm981 David Martino
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA   USA
Good looking car. I am about 75% finished with a 63 MKII project and need tires and wheels soon. What combination are you using?

Thanks

dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jim Gruber Avatar
Dayton, OH, USA   USA
Shop across the pond, Brexit is your friend. JBW Wheels - nice wheels I put on my BE. I was able to get 4 8 Spoke VTO Line for $525 delivered in 2 days via DHL AirFreight back in the Spring when Brexit and the pound dropped like a rock. Prices are still quite favorable,

westburn70 Eric Flack
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, UK   GBR
MG Owners club have lots of trim and "shiny" bits. They sell a proper front wheel bearing kit.

jimandcassdavis Jim Davis
Swanton, Ohio, USA   USA
The consensus on tires is the largest that will "fit" well and are available are 155/80R13's. (These will fit on the 4" wide rims) Make sure they are not too "hard" (UTOG<400) or the car will slide around as it is too light for many modern tires for good traction.

See the link below for a great thread on tire selection:

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,3559483

If you want to stay authentic, Coker Tires has the original bias ply tires as well as radials.

As far as wheels, do what you like; wires can be "bolt on" but expect to spend $1500 plus. I personally like the original "hole" wheels and small hubcaps that the car originally came with, but he minilites are popular, and VTO also makes a very sharp 4 spoke wheel in the right size.

If you go with wider wheels, 5 inch, you will have more latitude on the tires selection, but clearance is an issue you need to consider.

Jim Davis
1960 Bugeye Sprite
1967 MG Midget

Poundingsand Avatar
Poundingsand Silver Member Peer Ebbighausen
Los Angeles, California, USA   USA
Dave, would love to see some pics of the car. We love pics! And welcome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-24 11:02 AM by Poundingsand.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links