Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Now that the Bugeye is back from the painter I’m assessing the parts I need to finish it. The car was at the body shop when we had the fire and most of the parts were with it or in the garage when it happened. Now that the car is back I’ve noticed that a few items are missing that I was unaware of. One is the ‘top hat’. I had two, one stock with insulation and painted and the other was 3/4” lower and painted...I’m guessing both went up in smoke. If anyone has an extra I could really use one!
Thanks, Rut

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
britcardoc Dan Dougherty
Marietta, GA, USA   USA
I've been doing Bugeyes since early 60's, restored a dozen, raced them, knew all the Healeys......what is a top hat?

Perdido Avatar
Dan,
The shifter cover found on mk1 and mk2 Sprites.
Thanks, Rut

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Found!
Thanks, Rut

60spriteguy Avatar
60spriteguy Russ Gooch
Flowood, MS, USA   USA
Rut,
Tell me about the shortened top hat. Was that for looks or function? How did you do it?

Perdido Avatar
Update, painter did not find the original top hat, but I’ve located another. Russ, I reduced the height by cutting out a 3/4” section and welding it up. The purpose is to give the 5 speed shifter more room so the rubber stays put. The Datsun guys make short shifters for their cars which reduces the throw enough so this isn’t a problem.
Rut

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links