Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
AHExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

1956 Austin Healey 100/4 SCCA race car project plus parts- engine,trans, shroud, fenders, etc etc

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Price: ?
scuppernongwine Elliott b
Atlanta, Ga, USA   USA
1936 MG TA
1951 MG TD
1951 MG TD
This Austin Healey 100-4 is an ex SCCA big bore race car from the 1960s and 1970s

I'm moving in a few months from my shop space and have to get rid of some project cars. I bought this out of California a while back. It has unverified SCCA and autocross history. It has been a race car most of its life. It had been modified as time went on to race in various SCCA classes. It is set up for a Chevrolet V8 and has a Chevrolet rear end. It hasn't been raced in decades but a close look at the car reveals quality race prep. This is NOT some backyard hot rod by any means. The frame is solid with just a few pinholes on top. The front end is, of course, fiberglass. The rest of the aluminum and steel body is in very good condition with almost no rust. The fenders have been flared with beautiful Torque Thrust wheels filling out the wheel wells. It has front disc brakes and a Chevrolet rear end. Sway bars front and rear. The rear chunk has been removed and is included as have the rear brakes. Notice that the rear drums have been drilled for both cooling and lightness. This is just one of the many small details of the quality of build on this car. It had a rollbar but that was cut down just above the frame. Nicely fabricated aluminum panels for the rear and the floor. It still has the vintage fire extinguisher attached to the rear of the cockpit. SCCA race badge on the dash along with a couple of vintage gauges and race steering wheel.

I have many parts to restore this car back to original and am including them in this sale. These parts include an original Austin Healey 100-4 engine block, heads, crankshaft, rocker arm assembly, overdrive transmission with bellhousing, rear end with brakes and knock off hubs, and 4 wire wheels. A front shroud in restorable condition as well as pretty nice rear fenders are part of the package. Also, a very nice rust free top frame.

Pictures of the car and parts at this link...

https://beautifulsurf.smugmug.com/1956-Austin-Healey-100-4-race-car

I'm selling the lot-car and parts for $13k. I might consider offers on the parts lot but don't want to sell individual parts at this time. I could secure/strap all parts to a pallet for shipping.

PLEASE email me directly to scuppernongwine@yahoo.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-21 06:10 PM by scuppernongwine.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20180828_154248.jpg    58.2 KB
20180828_154248.jpg

DTDuck Dan Marshall
Redwood City, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 206076 by scuppernongwine This Austin Healey 100-4 is an ex SCCA big bore race car from the 1960s and 1970s

I'm moving in a few months from my shop space and have to get rid of some project cars. I bought this out of California a while back. It has unverified SCCA and autocross history. It has been a race car most of its life. It had been modified as time went on to race in various SCCA classes. It is set up for a Chevrolet V8 and has a Chevrolet rear end. It hasn't been raced in decades but a close look at the car reveals quality race prep. This is NOT some backyard hot rod by any means. The frame is solid with just a few pinholes on top. The front end is, of course, fiberglass. The rest of the aluminum and steel body is in very good condition with almost no rust. The fenders have been flared with beautiful Torque Thrust wheels filling out the wheel wells. It has front disc brakes and a Chevrolet rear end. Sway bars front and rear. The rear chunk has been removed and is included as have the rear brakes. Notice that the rear drums have been drilled for both cooling and lightness. This is just one of the many small details of the quality of build on this car. It had a rollbar but that was cut down just above the frame. Nicely fabricated aluminum panels for the rear and the floor. It still has the vintage fire extinguisher attached to the rear of the cockpit. SCCA race badge on the dash along with a couple of vintage gauges and race steering wheel.

I have many parts to restore this car back to original and am including them in this sale. These parts include an original Austin Healey 100-4 engine block, heads, crankshaft, rocker arm assembly, overdrive transmission with bellhousing, rear end with brakes and knock off hubs, and 4 wire wheels. A front shroud in restorable condition as well as pretty nice rear fenders are part of the package. Also, a very nice rust free top frame.

Pictures of the car and parts at this link...

https://beautifulsurf.smugmug.com/19...00-4-race-car/

I'm selling the lot-car and parts for $13k. I might consider offers on the parts lot but don't want to sell individual parts at this time. I could secure/strap all parts to a pallet for shipping.

PLEASE email me directly to scuppernongwine@yahoo.com
The link to your pictures does not work.
Some questions, Does it still have the VIN Tag? If so, what is the VIN? Is it a BN1 or BN2? How badly was it butchered to accommodate the V8 drive line? Do you still have the remains of the front shroud? Is the original OD gearbox a 3-speed or 4-speed?

Dan M.

Atlanta, Ga, USA   USA
1936 MG TA
1951 MG TD
1951 MG TD
The photo link has been corrected. Again, here is the correct link.....

https://beautifulsurf.smugmug.com/1956-Austin-Healey-100-4-race-car

Yes, a front shroud is included. I have a few chassis photos on my photo link but I will take some up close photos and add them to the link so you can see any modifications to the frame. It is a BN2 and it has a vin tag. I believe it is a 4 speed but I will double check. Also, it comes with an overdrive.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DTDuck Dan Marshall
Do you have a clear, unbranded title (or the ability to get one) by any chance?

Cheers,
Dan M.

Atlanta, Ga, USA   USA
1936 MG TA
1951 MG TD
1951 MG TD
I have an signed open title from the previous owner. Georgia doesn't title vehicles older than 1962 but if this was a determining factory with a buyer, I am friends with a classic car dealer and exporter out of Florida who has a dealer's license and could get a regular clear title.

DTDuck Dan Marshall
In reply to # 206196 by scuppernongwine I have an signed open title from the previous owner. Georgia doesn't title vehicles older than 1962 but if this was a determining factory with a buyer, I am friends with a classic car dealer and exporter out of Florida who has a dealer's license and could get a regular clear title.
California title by any chance?

Cheers,
Dan M.

MIDDLETOWN, RI, USA   USA
Has this car been sold? I built a 100-4 with a Chevy 327 years ago, and was wondering what the status was. You can reach me at gsteele531@aol.com.

Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
If it's still for sale , I would be intrested in buying all the extra parts you have for the car.

Atlanta, Ga, USA   USA
1936 MG TA
1951 MG TD
1951 MG TD
After holding the car for over two months for an international buyer who promised the money was "on the way", I now have to sell quickly to fund the final renovations on my 1940s house. I'm selling the parts in bulk and will sell the drivetrain (engine, head, transmission, overdrive, rear end) separately, the front shroud and rear fenders, and also the windshield assembly. Please get in touch with me directly at beautifulsurf@yahoo.com

Atlanta, Ga, USA   USA
1936 MG TA
1951 MG TD
1951 MG TD
Here are the prices for the car and parts.. I have an open title for the car. Good for export.

1956 Austin Healey and ALL parts shown in the pictures (engine, trans, rear end, front shroud, rear fenders, etc) $12k

1956 Austin Healey car alone $8k

1956 Austin Healey car alone MINUS the wheels shown (rollers provided for transport) and windshield frame assembly $6500

ALL parts shown in pics. (engine, trans, rear end, front shroud, rear fenders, top frame, wheels, etc) $5k

Drivetrain (engine block, head, crank, transmission, rear end) $4k

Please email me directly to beautifulsurf@yahoo.com Thanks.

Triumphant66 Kent C
Richmond, VA, USA   USA
1956 Austin-Healey 100M "ParisieM"
1963 MG MGB
1964 MG MGB "Nanette"
1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8    & more
I have sent you an email Elliott.

Kent Covington

Shamrock Scott Drewa
Oak Creek, WI, USA   USA
Iv been trying to get ahold of you, I want to buty the drivetrain for the Austin healey. Thanks

Atlanta, Ga, USA   USA
1936 MG TA
1951 MG TD
1951 MG TD
I sent you a private message with my phone number, Scott Drewa (Shamrock) Thanks.

Elliott

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links