AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BJ8 Doors
3000 Parts
Price: ?
AxeHealey Andrew Grannis
Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
For sale is a pair of convertible doors - I'm fairly certain they are BJ8. They are in quite good shape with very little to no rust. I haven't had the paint off of them but I would assume there is bondo involved as every other panel on the car has copious amounts.

Window mechanisms and glass included as well as the trim and door panels although the top rail is falling off on both panels.

I will take some detailed pictures this weekend and post them up. They are the doors pictured below.

Thinking something like $400 a piece not including shipping. Located in Cleveland, OH.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
Detailed pictures below:

Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
No one? Any thoughts on pricing?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Hugo, MN, USA   USA
I would take the fixed driver side vent window frame, and window. basically anything that's chrome. my dad broke the frame in the 60's as a kid when he had the car and brazed the top piece back on but i lost it during the tear down. let me know if you will separate and the cost. Thank you.

wayde
612-325-one three 66

Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
Why not. I've tried selling everything together and no one bites. No idea what those pieces are worth.

Hugo, MN, USA   USA
Sorry for delay

Could you please email me your contact info to

Wayde@customfire.com ?

Thanks!

Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
No problem.

Sent you an email last night. Let me know if you need me to resend.

Holly Lake Ranch, TX, USA   USA
I overhauled an engine fora guy back in th late ‘70’s that had late doors on his Healey. Very unusual type of mod. I remember said something about the hinges to make it work.

Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
In reply to # 208613 by PatrickBJ8 I overhauled an engine fora guy back in th late ‘70’s that had late doors on his Healey. Very unusual type of mod. I remember said something about the hinges to make it work.

You didn't happen to be doing work in NE Ohio at that time, did you? That's about when this car was cobbled together.

I did the engine when I lived in Jacksonville, Florida.

Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
Hm, doubtful then. Interesting to know that more than one person put convertible doors on a roadster.

By the way - I wasn't suggesting that the engine work was sub-par and cobbled together, just the car itself.

I never thought you were suggesting a sub par job on the engine. I did about two dozen or so. I remember that particular car and engine because the engine had so many issues. It was so wore out that tgecrear mail had to be built up by welding and then line bored back to original specs. Many of the crank mains were cracked and those had to welded up and the line bored too.tge owners name was “Dale R.”

Cleveland, OH, USA   USA
Jeez. Sounds like it was abused.

OK - Wayde is getting the parts he requested. Everything else still available.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links