AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Price: ?
Speedwell Avatar
Speedwell Mike Horsman
Watkinsville, Ga., USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "Duchess Of Abingdon"
Hey folks, Does anyone out there have a kingpin reaming tool lying about for an early Bugeye Sprite with front drum brakes that they don't plan to use anymore and would like to sell? Please PM me.
Thanks!
Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Riverview, FL, USA   USA
Just send kingpins and spindles to Peter Caldwell at Worldwide Imports in Madison WI. He’ll ream king pins to fit, install the proper number of shins under the reunion. Last two times I had it done in and out of his shop and back to me in a few days and price far less than you’d pay for the reamer. A satisfied customer.

Jim Gruber - Tampa/Riverview FL
Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new -
A truly rust free, garaged in Los Angeles for 57 years Bugeye

Riverview, FL, USA   USA
And while you’ve got it all
Apart, add Peter’s rebuilt better than new shocks. Will make all the difference in your front end rebuild.

Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new -

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mmclaug858 Mike Mclaughlin
Viera, FL, USA   USA
I'd like to borrow it, seriously, if you acquired one.
ke

Riverview, FL, USA   USA
You do know that Peter Caldwell at World Wide Imports in Madison WI provides a turnkey service to do just that. NFI just a very satisfied customer. Ship him the Kingpins, reasonable price as he can also set up with correct # of washers under the trunnions. Becomes a strictly bolt on setup then. I shipped UPS last time and he had kingpins back to me 5 days later.

nosimport@mailbag.com

Peter Caldwell
World Wide Auto Parts
2517 Seiferth Rd., Madison, WI 53716
(800) 362-1025 Fax (608) 223-9403

BTW when you put it back together and your wheels look like this \-----/ Your Trunnion Caps are on backwards. BTDT.

PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
Thank you Jim, but we do not provide that service for drum brake spindles, and there never was a single reamer like was made for the disc braked cars. You have to work with adjustable reamers..... not piloted ones.

Peter C

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (608) 223-9400 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Or take an old drum brake kingpin and make a reamer.

In reply to # 209227 by PeterC Thank you Jim, but we do not provide that service for drum brake spindles, and there never was a single reamer like was made for the disc braked cars. You have to work with adjustable reamers..... not piloted ones.

Peter C

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links