Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Price: ?
gsteele531 George Steele
MIDDLETOWN, RI, USA   USA
I built a 1954 Healey with a blueprinted and souped 327 Corvette engine and Borg-Warner T10 4 speed back years ago. I built a fiberglass nose extension that resembled a Cobra nose in order to accommodate a large GMC truck radiator I'd had custom built, to keep it running far cooler than the Healey radiator was capable of, so it had a distinctive appearance. I built a custom aluminum dash with German crinkle finish and US gauges. The engine had a Rochester Fuel Injection system I had modified by Bill Thomas race cars in Anaheim, CA. The wheels were custom made from wire wheel knockoff hubs welded into wide Chevy wheels with the centers milled out to make the offset correct for the wheel bearings. A dual master cylinder handled a custom swing arm assembly for brake and hydraulic clutch system I designed. The aluminum center console was wide and flat to provide more air flow from the engine compartment. A huge 12V tractor battery was mounted in the trunk in a custom bracket on the passenger side, connected to the starter via armored aircraft cables. Front fender side vents aided cooling the engine compartment. The nose frame was fabricated from 1/2" copper supply line - rigid for the supports, and flexible for the opening. Traction bars kept the leaf springs intact under acceleration. These details might help identify the car. It was raced in autocross in Rhode Island for years, and sold to Kane Motor Cars to pay for a year abroad after my 1st year of grad school. I had it painted a deep British Racing Green, and the bumpers were replaced by just the vertical bumperettes. The wiring was completely designed and fabricated by me - clean sheet. If anyone should know of the car or its possible disposition, I'd love to know what happened to it, where it is now, etc. I will fish about for photos to assist, and for general information. It was one of three 100-4's that I owned, (and by far the fastest - 11 second quarter mile) and would love to renew acquaintance - perhaps as a project with my son.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Price: ?
hbrand Silver Member Harold Brandner
Edgewater, FL, USA   USA
Hello
I have a 100-4 with a Cobra nose but I think done in aluminum. Could that be ?
was a conversion to American drive. Engine gone.
Greetings, Harold

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links