Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Price: ?
cpcooper Craig Cooper
Chico, CA, USA   USA
Getting ready to assemble my 3000 motor and realized this pipe is cracked at the threads. It screws into the bottom of the block, beneath the oil pressure relief valve, into what I believe is the oil relief passage. I looked at a 100 motor I'm also assembling, and I think it is the same pipe that threads into the bottom of the rear main bearing cap and angles down into the sump. Anyone have one rattling around they could spare? Probably not a huge deal if I just braze it up, but I'm waiting on some other parts and thought I'd give this a try. Moss number is 460-620 (unavailable) and Healey number is 1K-141.

Thanks,

Craig

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Pipe.jpg    21.2 KB
Pipe.jpg

Price: ?
you might want to reconsider reinstalling this Tube that threads into the rear main bearing cap. Take alook at this previous post. I'm sure other people on this site will have more to say too, in favor or not.

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?92248-Rear-crank-seal-oil-leak-BN2

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links