AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you wash & wax your Austin-Healey 100, or drive to a scenic viewpoint?
Fire it up for the first time after a rebuild or make an in-car or drive-by video?
Maybe it's just a nice day and you feel like using that fancy new camera...

Share photos or videos of your car in this topic!

Just scroll down to the reply section, and click Attachments to add photos to your post.

You can also copy & paste links to videos on Youtube, Vimeo, etc in your reply, and a video player will be automatically "embedded" in your post.

.... Don't forget to add your car to the Registry too, and be part of our virtual car show!

Webmaster, The Austin-Healey Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts.

Attachments:
1955_Austin_Healey_100-4_Blue_Don_Macdonald_000.jpg    72.6 KB
1955_Austin_Healey_100-4_Blue_Don_Macdonald_000.jpg

1956_Austin_Healey_100M_Silver_Martin_Davis_000.jpg    57 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Vintage n Classic Avatar
Vintage n Classic Silver Member Geoff Golding
Nelson, Tasman, New Zealand   NZL
A glorious Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago for an early morning run half way across the top of the South Island here in New Zealand..........Cool air, winding interesting road as we drove over the range and the throb of Healey exhausts........Bliss!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Alan Hunter Breakfast Run.png    498.2 KB
Alan Hunter  Breakfast Run.png

wakani Katlan J
None, MD, USA   USA
I have only had my 1956 BN-2 just under 57 years. Driven it all 57 years, including Singapore, Japan, Hawaii, California, Florida, Virginia and Maryland.

Attachments:
healey.jpg    66.3 KB
healey.jpg

wayneo Avatar
wayneo Wayne Watkins
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
1956 Austin-Healey 100 "Horace"
1959 Triumph TR3A "Trumpy"
1965 Nissan Silvia
1989 Mazda MX-5
One day my BN2 with Le Mans gear will be completed , if the repair shop ever stop fixing other people's damaged cars .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Healey blue BN1 039.jpg    29.1 KB
Healey blue BN1 039.jpg

Healey blue BN1 045.jpg    29.2 KB
My 100M no bog pre undercoat 048.jpg    42 KB
Vintage n Classic Avatar
Vintage n Classic Silver Member Geoff Golding
Nelson, Tasman, New Zealand   NZL
Driving your Healey for 57 years - a record without a doubt Congratulations.

Here in the Northern end of the South Island of N.Z. we have a Healey owner who has owned his car for 38 years it's one of the early ones with the 2 part dashboard.

As you have driven the car in many countries why not add New Zealand to the list by coming to our Bi-annual Rally at Easter 2015 based here in Nelson. After the Rally there is a Tour of about 6-7 days to the Southern end of the South Island - its very pretty scenery and great roads for Austin Healeys.............................Got you interested? May I suggest you look at www.austinhealeyclubnz.org.nz for full details which are up on the club's website.

Cheers
Geoff Golding

wakani Katlan J
None, MD, USA   USA
Ahh Geoff, thanks for the invitation. Actually I have been to Christchurch many years ago. I flew in on an US Air Force C-130, destined for McMurdo which was socked in so a short turn around headed back north. Honestly I would love to visit New Zealand for so many reasons. But it is not in the cards, at least for now. Between Washington DC and Tokyo, my hands are full.

Yes, the Healey is part of my DNA. Purchased it in the Territory of Hawaii, before it was a state, in November 1957, it was about a year and half old, college student had to shed it, near stole it from him, even to the extend I am still rather embarrassed. All original, save the dashboard, as daily driver I had to have an amp metre and voltage metre to keep track of what Lucas was doing to me. Hanging them in pods was not very wise so in 1961 I installed built a dashboard that looks akin to the Morgan dashboard of the day. Some what like Gerry Coker's original dashboard design, I have a period radio in the dash. The purists here abouts hate the dashboard but it was functional and necessary for a daily driver. In 1967 I also converted to front disk brakes, using BJ8 parts. I am considering reverting back to original on those two systems, I still have the original parts that I removed to make the mods. I am also thinking of converting to 100M. Why, only heaven knows.

I allow no one to work on the automobile, I have taught myself.. I even learned to paint, built a paint booth in my garage. I would give myself a B for the recent paint job. Ticks over nicely at 500 rpm, smooth as silk. Everything works properly.

Most all parts are from the factory car. I replaced water pump, oil pump, cylinder head (3 times), gas tank, petrol pump, tail light fixtures, pistons, valves Some brightwork is original, but have rechromed some of it. It all looks factory fresh.

Has been registered and in running condition since I acquired it. I honestly do not know how many miles, but would guess 157,000. Original odometer shows 57K and change but not sure it was working all during ownership.

I was in Japan for just over 2 years, had a blast with the local car clubs, and of course I was immune for local traffic enforcement. The most fun was Singapore, I could go nowhere without folks stopping me and wanting to know about the car.

I did a fair job documenting via photographs history of the car. I have photos of Donald Healey with the car, who loved the dashboard design and also photos with Geoffrey Healey

Friend of mine from Sarasota, Florida is a friend of Gerry Coker, also lives in Sarasota.

Happy Healey-ing.

wakani Katlan J
None, MD, USA   USA
August 1976: Sir Donald M. Healey, yours truly and Wife Unit.

Attachments:
dmh.jpg    34.6 KB
dmh.jpg

wayneo Avatar
wayneo Wayne Watkins
1965 Nissan Silvia
1989 Mazda MX-5
Nice car mate. A guy called John Wheatley who bought his 100 BN1 new and still owns and drives it , just won the Gerry Croker award in Holland .

wakani Katlan J
None, MD, USA   USA
Ahhh yesss..... John Wheatly. Produced an outstanding book that everyone should have: "Austin Healey 100 - Super Profile. The original 4-Cylinder Models."

PAN Avatar
PAN Alwyn Keepence
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia   AUS
Congratulations! I've only had my 100 since 1968.

56bn2 Avatar
56bn2 John R
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
First post here. My new old car out for a great day of driving.

Attachments:
IMG_20141019_153448.jpg    62.8 KB
IMG_20141019_153448.jpg

IMG_20141019_153002.jpg    45.2 KB
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome John, great photos!

Webmaster, The Austin-Healey Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts.
wayneo Avatar
wayneo Wayne Watkins
1965 Nissan Silvia
1989 Mazda MX-5
Nice looking car John , but why not remove the front bar like the rear . Makes the car lighter and looks better also . ..... maybe I'm jealous because your car does drive , unlike mine .

56bn2 Avatar
56bn2 John R
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
In reply to # 172115 by wayneo Nice looking car John , but why not remove the front bar like the rear . Makes the car lighter and looks better also . ..... maybe I'm jealous because your car does drive , unlike mine .

Thanks for welcome. I am going to order the front light mounts and rear sprite bumperettes from cape international. I have been spending all of my energy sorting mechanicals, cosmetics and styling are on back burner for immediate future.

56bn2 Avatar
56bn2 John R
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
Leaves changing here in Central Kentucky.

Attachments:
IMG_20141026_105214.jpg    51.6 KB
IMG_20141026_105214.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links