AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Trunk key code?
  This topic is about my 1954 Austin-Healey 100
UALcaptain Avatar
UALcaptain Mark Cuppernull
Winchester, VA, USA   USA
1954 Austin-Healey 100 "Tilly"
I am missing trunk keys for my BN1. I have one ignition key which I believe is the original - one side is marked "UNION made in England". The other side "wilmot breeden" with the code "FA 556" stamped on it. The local (knowledgeable) locksmith is tracking down a blank "62DG" to make an ignition key duplicate. He says that once he has that blank, he can code-cut (FA 556) a duplicate ignition key. Does anyone have advice on how to make trunk keys? Is there an "FA" type code associated with the trunk key? Is the 62DG the appropriate blank to order for the trunk key as well? I suppose, as a last resort, I can remove the trunk locking mechanism and disassemble it so the locksmith can produce a key. Thanks!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bondo Boy Richard S Crump
OK, USA   USA
I have had very good results with Triple- C motor accessories. Just send them the code off of the lock itself and they will send you a key. See their site for further detail.
Richard

dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
britishcarkeys.com is really great to work with. He was able to send me the correct trunk handle with the correct barrel and key for my 100-6. Great guy.

D

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links