AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Luegolover Avatar
Luegolover Steve L
London, London, UK   GBR
Hello,

I've gone for a single battery in my car and went to buy one last weekend only to realise that there is an endless choice and a wide variation in price leaving me clueless on which one to buy.

I am going to make the tray so the size isn't too important as long as it fits in the space. Does anybody have an idea on what start up power and amp hour values I will need with a standard BN1?

Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Zotch Tony M
Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, UK   GBR
Hi, for what it is worth here is my solution (see pics). The carrier base is fixed using the original captive battery securing threads and bolts. The battery itself is held at its base - along two sides by a folded flange(?) and along the other two by screws, nuts and washers. All seems very secure. The make and capacity of the battery can be seen, it turns the engine over in a very healthy manner. Hope this helps.

Attachments:
20181202_094931.jpg    39.9 KB
20181202_094931.jpg

20181202_094824.jpg    34.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Luegolover Avatar
Luegolover Steve L
London, London, UK   GBR
Thank you, it does help.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links