Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

OaklandJake Avatar
OaklandJake John Close
Mt Vernon, WA, USA   USA
I was trippin, man .....You’re driving south on Highway 9. It’s past sundown and the weather is CAVU (clear and visibility unlimited). Fast, sweeping turns snake ahead of you. The exhaust rumbles. Friendly night breezes travel with you. In your mirrors, faint headlights draw near and intensify. Suddenly, you realize you’re somewhere else - in a far-off Mille Miglia, and that’s Tazio Nuvolari on your tail! Fortunately for you, he’s not motoring at ten-tenths. It’s a friendly chase. As he catches up, the welcoming lights of the Big Rock Inn come into sight. You pull in for a drink. Engines crackle as they cool in the night air. Wisps of burnt castor oil and steam arise from Nuvolari’s Bugatti. You have drinks and tell tales of races won and lost. After paying the cashier, you turn, and Tazio, The Flying Mantuan, is gone. You rush outside, but all you see are his fading tail lights. All you hear is the rasp of his exhaust, as he disappears into the night.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2303.jpg    32.1 KB
IMG_2303.jpg

simon1966 Avatar
simon1966 Silver Member Simon Griffin
.Madison County, IL, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1954 Austin-Healey 100 "BEV"
1977 MG MGB
Sunset country drive, wonderful way to spend an evening.

Attachments:
20180727_195354.jpg    42.3 KB
20180727_195354.jpg

Luegolover Avatar
Luegolover Steve L
London, London, UK   GBR
Well this weekend was a landmark for me and my 100 BN1 restoration. It started by getting the car off the trolley I have used for the restoration for the past 7-9 years. It ended with me getting the engine installed, all very satisfying.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_8823.JPG    76.9 KB
IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8870.JPG    71.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_8863.JPG    52.4 KB
simon1966 Avatar
1953 MG TD
1977 MG MGB
Congratulations! Must be a great feeling. I have great admiration for those that do this themselves.

Vintage n Classic Avatar
Vintage n Classic Silver Member Geoff Golding
Nelson, Tasman, New Zealand   NZL
The best part of a restoration is from here on as you start to see results for your labours in a more tangible way i.e. fitting panels, doing wiring and all that entails, having it done or doing the trim........et-al.

Then you get to that final point when you have your hard work parked in the sun, it's gleaming and you stand back, admire the years of work and announce those wonderful words.............."IT'S FINISHED"!

Cheers
Geoff

filospinato Avatar
filospinato Jake Voelckers
Manassas, VA, USA   USA
Since getting the BN1 project down to our house in VA in August, I've been trying to do something on it each night. Today, I pulled out the parking brake cable and the driveshaft. I also disassembled the fuel gauge and cleaned it, along with the speedometer.

simon1966 Avatar
1953 MG TD
1977 MG MGB
Went for a late Autumn evening drive. That shape!

Attachments:
20181028_162528 (2).jpg    79.8 KB
20181028_162528 (2).jpg

Guido36 Avatar
Guido36 Guy C
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
1953 Austin-Healey 100 "Aggie"
It arrived - at long last....

Attachments:
IMG_3257.JPG    19.9 KB
IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3254.JPG    21.5 KB
Michael Oritt Avatar
LUSBY, MD, USA   USA
It's a lovely weekend with clear skies and temperatures in the mid-30's so I went for a couple of hours' ride this morning along some of Southern Maryland's remote roads. I took this pic at a small stream in Amish country and if you look closely you'll probably see some horse apples in front of the car.

Best--Michael Oritt
1954 Austin-Healey 100 (street)
1958 Elva Courier (track) FOR SALE
1959 Elva MK IV sports racer (track)
1961 Ginetta G4 (track)

Attachments:
cruise.jpg    74.3 KB
cruise.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links