Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

99WestCustoms Avatar
99WestCustoms Eric Henschel
MONMOUTH, OR, USA   USA
I am installing the grill and associated trim. It appears that grill is held in place by the same bolts that hold the upper grill lip in place. If you have a MOSS catalog its on page 128 item #40 and #45. The issue I have is that the grill has mounting hardware points across the bottom and I don't see any reference to this in the catalog or in any of my other research. And of course there is nothing on the car, and I don't see anything in the parts I have.

Where do the lower grill mounts attach to?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jack T Avatar
Greensburg, PA, USA   USA
There are sheet metal brackets attached to the lower lip of the opening with rivets. The chrome trim at the bottom covers the rivets. I bought mine from Kilmartin. Moss did not carry them

Jack T Avatar
Greensburg, PA, USA   USA
Kilmartin's part # is AH369A for the parts you're looking for.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Randy Forbes Avatar
Parrish, FL, USA   USA
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
1999 BMW M Coupe "Blue Car"
1999 BMW M Roadster "Black Car"
2001 BMW M Roadster "Gray Car"
In the extreme top-left corner, you can barely make out the "L" shape of the leftmost bracket. They are a steel offset shape (think: half of a swastika) with a captive nut, and riveted (real countersunk rivets, not of the "pop" variety) to the lower flanged opening for the grill.

Should be easy enough to add, though placement will be critical, as well as the riveting process (pneumatic tool and hand buck).

Sorry, I couldn't find a better picture...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links