Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

J Neil Avatar
J Neil Neil Stewart
Monroe, NC, USA   USA
I know this is an old subject but I'm not ready to pay for the BMH certificate. I have tried to research my VIN on line but my computer skills are not the best. Attached is a photo of my Vin and body #s. What can anyone tell me about them? 1958 100/6 is all I have. Neil

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
BN4.JPG    50.4 KB
BN4.JPG

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Neil,

What information are you looking for that you are unwilling to pay for? From the look of your photo it looks like your 100/6 needs a full restoration, if that's the case that certificate is going to be the cheapest thing you do.

J Neil Avatar
J Neil Neil Stewart
Monroe, NC, USA   USA
In reply to # 203500 by sliproc Neil,

What information are you looking for that you are unwilling to pay for? From the look of your photo it looks like your 100/6 needs a full restoration, if that's the case that certificate is going to be the cheapest thing you do.
Not unwilling, just not ready. I'm Just trying to find out all I can and keep the unnecessary spending under control.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sliproc Avatar
Neil,

"Unnecessary spending" that's funny!

J Neil Avatar
J Neil Neil Stewart
Monroe, NC, USA   USA
Yea,funny.

Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Stepping over doller to pick up dime.......

sliproc Avatar
Neil,

All kidding aside, it sounds as though you're getting ready to start a complete restoration, if that's the case this would be a good time to collect as much information on your car as is available. That would include; any paperwork that came with the car, any history the PO might have, a good selection of books and workshop manuals, and yes, your BMH certificate. All of these materials will help you decide on how you want to proceed.

Scott-MkII Tricarb Avatar
Scott-MkII Tricarb Scott Morris
Simcoe, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hello Neil; I believe your car was built between May-August 1957 at Longbridge. I suggest you check out Derek Job website at http://www.healeysix.net
Also, see the attached details of the 100-6 from 'Original Austin Healey' by Anders Ditlev Clausager
--Scott Morris, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

Attachments:
Production Data 100-6.pdf    1.31 MB

J Neil Avatar
J Neil Neil Stewart
Monroe, NC, USA   USA
Thanks for the information and support guys. Scott this is just what I was looking for information wise, thanks for that. As for stepping over dollars to pick up dimes, my Scottish roots would never permit that, I am genetically programmed to pick anything that looks like a coin or money in general, dollars and dimes. Thanks again! Neil

dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
Hi Neil -

My Longbridge 100-6 is # 42288 and was built May 22, 1957 according to my Heritage Cert. Seems to be less than 4000 cars after mine. The document is a good idea as it will tell you the body color, interior color, some features and options, etc. Would love to see some pics - I have restored mine with all the Longbridge details as they are different than most other 6-cyl cars and the early 100-6's are becoming more rare. Best.

D

Attachments:
IMG_0045.JPG    46.6 KB
IMG_0045.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links