Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Claretannie Richard Gosling
Woking, Surrey, UK   GBR
First time on here so hello ,
I had a BT7 many years ago that I foolishly sold so know a little about Healeys.
I’m looking at buying another and have found what’s advertised as a 100/6 . The thing is the chassis plate is saying
HBN7L / 289 , the body number says 3013 BN7L 727 and the engine 26D / RU 67403 ?
So is it a 100/6 as I thought the chassis plate would be stamped BN6 ?
Is the 26 D engine the 100/6 engine ?
Thanks
Richard

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, CA, USA   USA
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7 "RUBY"
1963 Chevrolet C10 "Rusty"
Richard,
I'm not sure about the chassis and body numbers but as far as the engine number if it starts with a 26 then it is a 100-6 engine. I have one in my car.

Pete

Jack T Avatar
Greensburg, PA, USA   USA
The chassis number (BN7) indicates a two-seat (no jump seats) 3000, while the motor is from a 100-6. A 100-6 would have front drum brakes, discs on a 3000. Since both the chassis and body #s have BN7, it sounds like somewhere along the line an engine from a 100-6 replaced the original.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Claretannie Richard Gosling
Woking, Surrey, UK   GBR
Thanks for your reply’s, that’s as I thought . In the meantime though I’ve located a BT7 mk11 in boxes that I plan to bring back to the UK . That’ll keep me occupied for a bit

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1957 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links