AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Azmtbrjason Avatar
Azmtbrjason Jason McKinney
Prescott, AZ, USA   USA
1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Seen Better Days"
cope? Inherited a basket case (Rich Bn6 here passed away) what I thought was a 58 it looks like he took the frame of his donor car, a bn4 2+2 I believe and was trying to make it work with the body work from his 2 seater bn6. The Bn6 tail section is in much better shape, is this something that would normally be done? I guess my choices are to have a bn4 frame/body with a bn6 motor or a bn4 frame with a bn6 body and motor. Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. It looks like he was more interested in weekend cruising club get togethers than concourse type restoration unfortunately I cant ask his intent. Thank you

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ahealey1004 Austin C
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Interesting project- I guess anything is possible with enough cutting and welding. The engine in a bn4 or bn6 is the same unless an early Longbridge bn4 with the gallery cylinder head. I’ll send you a private message- I’m in the Phoenix area and would be happy to chat. Best, Austin

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links