4 post lift for british sports cars

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

101lbcobia Peter Vanhorn
Fishers, IN, USA   USA
4 post lift for my mga and healey 100/6 ?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JiminRichmond Avatar
JiminRichmond Jim McLeskey
Richmond, VA, USA   USA
I don’t have a brand recommendation for you - I don’t remember who made mine and I think they went out of business. Most are similar.

Having said that, mine is driven by a cylinder/cables originating under one runway (a common set-up). The other runway is just along for the ride. I have a Bugeye so it is very narrow - 53”. I drilled a new set of holes for the righthand runway and moved it in about 6 inches. Without doing that, I think the tires would have been hanging off the inside of the runways.

So, make sure that the space between the runways is narrow enough for your car or that you can narrow it.

BTW, even with the runway moved in, I can lift a 73” wide car (Lotus Esprit).

Randy Forbes Avatar
Parrish, FL, USA   USA
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
1999 BMW M Coupe "Blue Car"
1999 BMW M Roadster "Black Car"
2001 BMW M Roadster "Gray Car"
I'd recommend a brand like Bend Pak, that at least offers ALI-Certified units. There's a lot at risk under a lift, and your home-owner's insurance probably won't want to hear that you chose a lower cost unit sacrificing safety.

Personally, I'm a fan of 2-post lifts__I have two (2) of them__but that's an argument for another day winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links