Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

extrawide Lee Wiffen
Epsom, Surrey, UK   GBR
Hello everyone
Just bought a 1958 100/6 and am finding things that need sorting follow link for an image https://www.flickr.com/photos/95118177@N00/26546435516/in/dateposted-public/
The car has a moto lita steering wheel with boss that I would like to connect a horn to https://www.flickr.com/photos/95118177@N00/19587350286/in/album-72157666880731540/
It has the horn push with connector on the wheel, however what do I need to connect it to the column so I can organise a relay to the horns themselves?
Also would my column be adjustable on a 58?
It has a gnarled black plastic ring that looks like it should unscrew however it is very stiff
Thanks

Lee

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-22 03:50 AM by extrawide.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, CA, USA   USA
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7 "RUBY"
1963 Chevrolet C10 "Rusty"
Lee,
Some cars didn't have an adjustable wheel/column. Mine is one of them. If there is a large black knurled fitting behind the wheel where it meets the column then it is adjustable. If the nut isn't there then it's non-adjustable.
Pete

Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA
My 100-6 MM was equiped with an adjustable steering column. I have a Moto-Lita wood wheel on it now.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
57 1006 MM Interior.jpg    48.7 KB
57 1006 MM Interior.jpg

cpcooper Craig Cooper
Chico, CA, USA   USA
Does your horn button look like the one in Doug’s picture above? (I tried following the link in your post and it didn’t work for me) if you have an aftermarket horn button, you could probably figure out the horn, but then you’d need to wire up another switch for turn signals, best bet would be to use a stock Healey trafficator switch (life Doug’s). Note, trafficator switches are different for adjustable and non-adjustable wheels.

lotus anche Francesco F
Sassuolo, Modena, Italy   ITA
Ciao Lee,
i had the same issue to fix.
My car always had a Motolita steering wheel without original horn fitted and non adj column. I found last year a non adj horn original including the wiring.
I installed it and deleted the old wiring and horn controls on the dashboard.
Pictures before/after.

Attachments:
18042008005.jpg    47.1 KB
18042008005.jpg

b616dcf3-392f-4b8c-a4d6-7d965ab1cf35.jpg    41.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, CA, USA   USA
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7 "RUBY"
1963 Chevrolet C10 "Rusty"
This is my custom built wood steering wheel with a non-adjustable column. Used my old Healey steering wheel and fabricated a new one to match my custom dash. Both made from curly maple.
Pete

Attachments:
completed wood wheel and dash 1.JPG    58.8 KB
completed wood wheel and dash 1.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links