coolant additive

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

101lbcobia Peter Vanhorn
Fishers, IN, USA   USA
Ed China added a liquid to the engine coolant that he said would prevent overheating. Does anyone know what it is. My 59 100/6 would love some. Peter Vanhorn

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Peter,

Red Line makes a product called Water Wetter, which breaks down the surface tension of the coolant and allows it to move BTUs more efficiently. I've used it in my Jensen-Healey with noticeable results. I haven't used it in my Austin-Healey because after adding louvers to the hood and a Texas Cooler fan it doesn't overheat.

Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 208984 by 101lbcobia Ed China added a liquid to the engine coolant that he said would prevent overheating. Does anyone know what it is. My 59 100/6 would love some. Peter Vanhorn

I use this product line in both my street 3000 MK III street Healey and 100-6 MM vintage racer with success.

http://www.no-rosion.com/hyperkuhlcoolant.htm

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
San Jose, CA, USA   USA
If it was the episode where he worked on a Triumph--TR6 IIRC--it was a waterless coolant. Similar to, if not the same as:

https://www.evanscoolant.com/

Personally, I think a good antifreeze mixed about 60/40 water/coolant works about as good as anything (more coolant in cold climes; less in hot ones).

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links