Embossing identification plate

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bakerboy Yvan Dupuy
Blue Hill, ME, USA   USA
The identification plate on my Longbridge BN4 has its proper embossed lettering but the balance of the plate has been rubbed off to bare metal. I have purchased a replacement plate from Moss and am looking to have the commission number embossed on the new plate. Does anyone know of a reputable provider of this service in either the US or UK?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BJ8 Healeys Avatar
BJ8 Healeys Steve Byers
Havelock, NC, USA   USA
1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8 "TARHEELY"
1973 MG Midget "The Midget"
Contact Todd Clarke at www.clarkespares.com. He is the only one I know of that can make a replacement plate look original.

Steve Byers
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC

Texas57 Silver Member Robert C
Stephenville, TX, USA   USA
I too would like to have this done .. but I cannot find the exact same plate that came on the 57 originally. Mine is the top one ( photo shopped to match the original) the bottom one is the moss plate and the only style I have found in the world so far. what plate came with your Longbridge?

R

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
new plate.jpg    8.7 KB
new plate.jpg

bakerboy Yvan Dupuy
Blue Hill, ME, USA   USA
Thanks to Steve and Robert. Robert, my plate is shaped liked the ones you attached but all's that's left are the embossed numbers. So I don't know which one mine once resembled.

Attachments:
IMG_1089.JPG    40.4 KB
IMG_1089.JPG

Texas57 Silver Member Robert C
Stephenville, TX, USA   USA
Yvan

I can see that you have the same plate as I do on my longbridge.

My Longbrdge was built in April 1957 and you number is only +128 from mine. I would imagine that there would not be much different in the 2 cars. Have you obtained a heritage certificate on your 57? . If you need any photos of any detailed items.. please feel free to ask.

~Robert

bakerboy Yvan Dupuy
Blue Hill, ME, USA   USA
Yes, I have the certificate....mine was built in March, '57. It was originally Florida Green over cream coves with black interior. Somewhere along the way it was painted BRG. Still has its original 2-port or gallery head 102 HP engine. We love the car.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links