AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
Hello to the forum -

At one point I had my Longbridge 100-6 purring like a kitten. Smooth idle, hovering around 650 rpms. Lately, however, my idle has started to move around, usually towards higher rpms. What would cause this? Ive looked over the dizzy and replaced everything and it seems to be ok. Thoughts?
Best

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
johnbn6 Avatar
johnbn6 john nieuwenhuizen
kerkrade, limburg, Netherlands   NLD
Darin,
Might be a vacuum leak . . . . .

Randy Forbes Avatar
Parrish, FL, USA   USA
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
1999 BMW M Coupe "Blue Car"
1999 BMW M Roadster "Black Car"
2001 BMW M Roadster "Gray Car"
I think the problem lies with the oh so vague linkage; I don't know if my own 100/6 ever idled at the same speed__until I converted to a direct linkage (and Weber carbs__granted, not applicable to a 2-port cylinder head).

I would give it a once over look see, to make sure none of the rods & pivots are binding, and that your return springs are all in good shape (I've seen the one @ the pedal fracture, rendering it useless). A few drops of oil in strategic places, and verify that the pivot on the manifold__if it's the same as used on the 6-port head__isn't cracked (or the grommet fallen out at the firewall).

I wouldn't rule out John's suggestion either, but past experience would have me scrutinizing the linkage with a sharp eye too. Section A.37 in the workshop manual gives a good account of the setting up procedure of the throttle linkage.

Good luck!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links