Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Jjchkc11 Avatar
Jjchkc11 Jim Corbett
Arlington, WA, USA   USA
My first thought is to replace the wiring, it looks so fragile and dangerous. It’s all original and falling apart. What is your thoughts? Where is the best place to buy a wiring harness?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
8C1B76E8-F2E6-4815-848D-07D38FEEABAB.jpeg    39.3 KB
8C1B76E8-F2E6-4815-848D-07D38FEEABAB.jpeg

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Jim,

Amazingly that does look original. Most original wiring harnesses are long gone, I haven't seen one like that for years. The reason(and problem)for that is the originals were cotton jacketed rather than vinyl and after years the cotton would become brittle and begin to fall apart, that's where the electrical shorts come from. You've got two options, if you're going the concourse route you can replace it with an original cotton unit, if your smart you'll replace it with the updated vinyl jacket model. Most big suppliers can provide both. Your car, your choice.

rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, CA, USA   USA
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7 "RUBY"
1963 Chevrolet C10 "Rusty"
Jim,
Give these folks a call. They supply complete harnesses for our cars with the correct color coding and placement. I used them when I restored my car and their harness went in without a problem. They have great customer support and have all the peripheral parts that you could need.
Peter

https://www.britishwiring.com/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links