Advice on adjusting BT7 throttle linkage

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

robcadle Rob Cadle
Redondo Beach, CA, USA   USA
Hello all. I'm about to install my rebuilt engine in my restoration project, and wanted to adjust the throttle linkage as per Section A.37 of the Bentley manual before installation while the throttle shaft bolts are all easily accessible.

I read the Ron Phillips Moss Motoring piece from 1999 (Link Here) which offers the helpful suggestion "Be sure you have all your flooring pieces in place—tar paper, jute underlayment, carpet, and doormat, or whatever you are using this week. Why lose up to an inch of travel once you’ve installed your interior". Uh-oh. I have no interior in my car, and was planning on doing this as a much lower priority than installing the engine and making sure it runs (hoping of course I don't have to remove it but protecting for the fact I may).

Any ideas for how I adjust the throttle shaft without the interior in the car? I actually do already have the interior bits (carpet and jute anyway, no underlay) in boxes but haven't opened any of that yet as I want to keep it tidy and packed away safely. Do I need to lay the carpet and jute out to get a proper estimate of the impact? What should I do to adjust for the underlay (which I don't have yet. I was planning to use a thermal barrier like dynomat and not tarpaper). Any advice appreciated. Seems this may be an unpleasant job after the engine is in the car.

Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
petnatcar Avatar
petnatcar Silver Member Peter Carbone
Watertown, NY, USA   USA
Hi Rob,

I pulled this info from my Workshop Manual, it should give you a direction to follow.

The photo is of my 1960 BT7.

The linkage was always like this with the HD6 carbs so try to mimic this arrangement.

Good luck,
Peter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 06:31 PM by petnatcar.

Attachments:
Throttle Linkage 1 1.jpeg    40.2 KB
Throttle Linkage 1 1.jpeg

Throttle Linkage 2.jpeg    68.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCN3259.JPG    68.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links