AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BT7 Door Pockets
  This topic is about my 1960 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7
TinCanA Andrew B
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
G'day All,

I'm currently installing an interior kit in my BT7 mark 1 and have a query on the door pockets. When I removed the old trim a while ago, it was in 3 pieces, the upper section and a lower section both of which are secured to the wooden bar into the centre of the door, and a small curved piece loose in the bottom of the pocket, presumably there, in part, to stop occupants from gouging their hands on the screws holding the outer face piece to the door. The new kit doesn't have this third piece, leaving those screws available for general nastiness! The car had been re-trimmed at some stage in its life, but by the look of it, all the panels were probably original, just re-covered.
Which is correct please? Obviously if the trimmer doesn't supply as original, I'll have to cover those pesky screws!

Also, the upper panel is an interesting fit. The forward piece bent to follow the front hinge panel of the door frame is wider than the width of that hinge panel. Is it supposed to curve? I would have expected it would follow the flat of the hinge panel.

thanks for any answers

Andrew

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
petnatcar Avatar
petnatcar Silver Member Peter Carbone
Watertown, NY, USA   USA
Andrew,

I heard about a guy who wanted the untrimmed side panels behind the driver and passenger
without having to buy the whole kit. He wanted to cover them himself.

It seems these are available so maybe you could obtain a couple of the pieces your missing or
you could make a pattern, cut it out and cover it with some vinyl.

Check with some of the major parts houses for the piece you need: MOSS Motors, AH Spares, Ahead 4 Healeys.

Good luck,
Peter

TinCanA Andrew B
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Thanks Peter,
I take it from your comments that there should be that curved piece loose in the bottom of the door. I can use the one that came out to use as a pattern, I really wanted just to confirm that the piece should be there so that I can talk to the kit supplier and ask why it's not supplied.

Been a little warm here to do too much outside today, it's still about 40C (around101F) and warmer tomorrow, so probably won't be doing much then. Ah well!

Regards
Andrew

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
petnatcar Avatar
petnatcar Silver Member Peter Carbone
Watertown, NY, USA   USA
Andrew,
I have a similar problem over here with the temperature except it's 24 below zero Farenheit.

That appears to be a difference of 125 degrees but it's gonna warm up to zero tomorrow.

All the best,
Peter

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links