CSI Vacuum advance distributor with Weber carbs

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

robcadle Rob Cadle
Redondo Beach, CA, USA   USA
Question if anyone is running this combination. I bought both from DWR and they have told me I can use the intake manifold vacuum port to run the vacuum advance on the CSI distributor. That doesn’t seem right to me as the SU carb vacuum port used for the factory vacuum advance behaves differently to manifold (post throttle) vacuum. Not sure though if the electronicsnon the CSI distributor are just smart enough to avoid the vacuum signal at idle. Is anyone using this combination?

Is there any harm in running the vacuum distributor with the advance port capped off? That way I can try it and it’ll it gives wonky behavior at idle I can just cap it. Otherwise I have to return ship the distributor to DWR in the UK and get a non vacuum one.

Thanks for any advice you have. CSI website doesn’t have a lot of information. I suppose a call to them will be my next move.

Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Chris-D Avatar
Chris-D Chris D
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
Just don't connect the vacuum advance up. My BJ8 with triple webers has never run a vacuum advance.

robcadle Rob Cadle
Redondo Beach, CA, USA   USA
Thanks for the response back. I will plan to just plug it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1955 Austin Healey 100

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links