Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

a1959bugeye Avatar
a1959bugeye Patrick Sharpe
Bassett, VA, USA   USA
Hey everyone. I have a friend who is selling a 3000 mk iii phase 1 for an estate. It is a California car with about 60,000 miles. It has not been restored. It has not been cranked in over 5 years. I suspect the gas will need to be drained and carbs cleaned, brakes gone over, maybe suspension work. Don't really know about the condition of the engine or tranny. Cosmetically it is in great shape. No rust and original paint. He needs to sell the car asap and I'm wondering if it is fair to offer $8000. I'll be taking a big chance on the engine and tranny. The engine is not frozen.

Thoughts?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
If it is as you described and he'll take $8000 for it I'd jump on it with both feet, as is, no questions asked. In fact give me his number and I'll give him 8 grand for it. For that price you could turn it around and make a nice little profit without doing a thing to it.

a1959bugeye Avatar
Bassett, VA, USA   USA
Thank you. My feelings exactly.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
brims49 Andrew Brims
Peachland, BC, Canada   CAN
More power to you if you can pick up an original California car for that kind of $s
You could resell it for more if you decide not to spend on rebuilds IMHO

Triumphant66 Avatar
Triumphant66 Kent C
Richmond, VA, USA   USA
1956 Austin-Healey 100M "ParisieM"
1963 MG MGB
1964 MG MGB "Nanette"
1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8    & more
His responsibility to the estate is to maximize the proceeds for the estate, correct?
So if you are asking us fellow big Healey owners whether $8000 is a fair price, my answer is no. More like low $20 thousands.

KC

a1959bugeye Avatar
Bassett, VA, USA   USA
Thanks KC, I think $8,000. is very low but I guess I'll get a better idea once I see it.

7166937491 Avatar
7166937491 Frank Herstek
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
Has anyone put disc brakes on their car. Also. Is there a way to enhance suspension so that the car doe not hit each road bump like an 8 inch deep pothole?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links