starter solenoid

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Westampton, NJ, USA   USA
Hi again,

Getting ready to hook up the battery to solenoid connection. When looking from front of car, which side do I hook the battery to? Left or right? Should not make a difference electrically, just want to use the factory configuration.

Thanks,

Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Htimsc Avatar
Htimsc Gold Member Chris Smith
Portola Valley, USA   USA
Hello, I just went through a diagnosis of what was causing the “bad battery” symptoms on my BJ8. I was lucky enough to talk to a technical rep at Moss named Blaine. He is also the person on a lot of their videos (great source of information, BTW). He ran through the whole set of tests and it turned out to be the solenoid. He sent me the schematic for the correct wiring assembly, and is is the left post as you face the vehicle. In my case, it turned out the other cable was too short to reach the other side anyway...
Hope this helps.

Westampton, NJ, USA   USA
Chris,

I thought it would go to the left, just kinda makes sense... Thanks for the confirmation.

Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links