AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Torque values
  This topic is about my 1966 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ8
Slowdaddy Avatar
Slowdaddy Winslow R
Rocky Mount, NC, USA   USA
I have searched the site for torque values for oil pan and for valve cover bolts, and it looks like 65Ft/lbs for valve cover, but that seems high.

Also, when replacing the pan, what locations to the bolts which have fasteners on them go (2)?

As always, thank you all for your help!

Winslow

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tadrink TERRY DRINKWATER
RICHMOND, BC, Canada   CAN
Slowdaddy Avatar
Slowdaddy Winslow R
Rocky Mount, NC, USA   USA
Thank you!

W

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tadrink TERRY DRINKWATER
RICHMOND, BC, Canada   CAN
there are two longer bolts with fittings on them for the gas drain off each end off intake manifold ., usually right below the union fitting on bottom of manifold with an offset in line to go around the exhaust. then thru a rubber grommet washer held by the longer bolt with a nut on that . or use the washer fitting on the unde.r side as pan bolt goes on . check moss motors under manifold drains. the fitting is a elongated washer with a hole for bolt and hole for rubber grommet at the other end.
the one closes to firewall i believe is almost straight down with slight bend towards pan bolt

Drone Dog Avatar
Drone Dog TL Wright
Seaford, DE, USA   USA
My TR6 book has a pretty extensive list of torque values for the 6. when i could not find any other info to go by, i would use the TR6 book as long as the bolt, or nut, was the same size. in almost all cases they were.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links