AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ultimate part search
  This topic is about my 1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six
dkgraber85 Avatar
dkgraber85 Darin Graber
SLC UT, USA   USA
Hello to the collective -

I am now looking for the ultimate missing part - the driver side front clamp base for a factory works hard top. The clamps are available, the bases are not. I know this is a loooong shot.

I have just finished the hardtop restoration and while driving today with the hardtop on, I heard a strange 'pop' and...I didn't think anything was too tight or not functioning as expected...dammit.

You can see the crack to the right of where the clamp screws to the base. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance. Best.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0411.jpg    43.7 KB
IMG_0411.jpg

ozhealey Avatar
ozhealey Tony P
Canberra, ACT, Australia   AUS
Darin,

Cape International in the UK have them as a pair.

https://www.cape-international.com/shop/hardtops/cornerbrktsetpairhardtopallexcbj7878-detail

Cheers
Tony

Scottm57 Avatar
Scottm57 Scott M
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Two companies in UK manufacture and carry those. You CAN get them from one of the overpriced parts dealers here, but will pay triple. I recently ordered from Cape International as well. Great guys and fairly quick response and shipping. Be prepared for the tax.
The bases will not come all pretty and chromed like yours. They will be semi rough cast.
Nice car.

Scott in Vegas

Scottm57

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links