Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
AHExp

The 3000 Forum

What did you do with your Big Healey today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

frogeyeza Avatar
frogeyeza John Reidy
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa   ZAF
Last week the Austin Healey Club of Southern Africa completed a six day tour of the central regions of South Africa. 27 cars of which three were Frogeyes.
My 3000 has just completed a 3 year rebuild and this was it's first long run. Bit of an oil leak from the tappet cover but no other problems.
Three overseas visitors, Canada, Denmark and Australia. Huge variance of weather. Saturday 7th Sept, snow, Saturday 14th September, 34 degrees C.
Great fun had by all and can't wait for the next tour in 2020.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Snow.jpg    8.5 KB
Snow.jpg

Gariep.jpg    7.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Phillipolis.jpg    10 KB
FarmChurch.jpg    13.4 KB
frogeyeza Avatar
frogeyeza John Reidy
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa   ZAF
One of our members, David Harding took his BJ8 to the bush over the weekend.
This is how we use our Healey's in South Africa (some of us)
Look for the giraffes in the background!

Attachments:
David-Harding-Sand-Road-Red.jpg    96.5 KB
David-Harding-Sand-Road-Red.jpg

G0Bigred Avatar
G0Bigred JD Wyborny
Winterville, NC, USA   USA
1960 Austin-Healey 3000
1976 MG Midget 1500 "The Midge"
I finally picked up my 1960 BN7 from the shop and drove it 85 miles in 40 degree weather. People aren't joking when they say it gets hot in the cockpit. I barely had to use the heat. This is the first time I have been able to really drive it and I love it. I may have hit triple digits on the freeway and did a couple of burnouts (just to test). I now see why my car was raced back in the 60's.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rusty1c Avatar
rusty1c Peter D
Antioch, CA, USA   USA
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 BT7 "RUBY"
1963 Chevrolet C10 "Rusty"
Made a new contact through the Forum, Chris Smith. A very warm and welcoming man that invited me into his home as a stranger and I feel like I left as a friend. We live about 90 miles apart in the greater San Francisco area and decided to get together this Saturday. I drove to his home in Portola Valley, which is about 35 miles south of San Francisco. We went for a drive in each others cars. It was really interesting to compare the two since mine is a 61 BT7 and his is a 66 BJ8. Bare bone versus creature comforts. This was my first ride in one of the later models and I can see why people like these for grand Touring. We then fired up both Healey's and went on about a 20 mile drive through the surrounding hills and valleys. Stopped in a small town call Woodside and had coffee and a pastry. Sun was out and it was a cool 50 degrees out side. The Healey really loves the colder weather. Spent about 4-5 hours together and then headed home. All in all a great day.
Pete
Rusty1c

donaldvf Avatar
donaldvf Silver Member Donald Fregeau
FORTUNA, CA, USA   USA
First drive of 2019 It was nice enough to take the Healey over the Eel River into the Victorian town of Ferndale California where I had a medical appointment this morning. The drive is always nice and beautiful. I love the feel of the overdrive kicking in as I race across the river and into the farmlands. She is going on 66 this year and we have been together for 60 years this year. As with some marriages, good things usually come from staying together and hanging in there.

1963 Austin Healey BJ7 purchased in 1969. Recent frame-up restoration.

Attachments:
Healeygingerbread.jpg    78 KB
Healeygingerbread.jpg

Dougie Avatar
Dougie Doug Escriva
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Great to hear she still goes and handles well. Hopfully the driver does too. winking smiley

britishcarguy John Forrester
Grove, OK, USA   USA
Donald,

You bring back memories of driving down Loleta Bottom road during my teenage summers to my uncles ranch on Cock Robin Island. To bad I had a 56 Ford and not my 3000!
John

BamaHealey Avatar
BamaHealey Scott Hunter
Deatsville, AL, USA   USA
Took the Healey for a ride on a beautiful day and stumbled on a car show in Wetumpka, AL. The Healey was a bit out of place among the Camaros and 56 Chevy's, but folks enjoyed looking at it.

Attachments:
IMG_20190105_152606433_HDR.jpg    57 KB
IMG_20190105_152606433_HDR.jpg

donaldvf Avatar
donaldvf Silver Member Donald Fregeau
FORTUNA, CA, USA   USA
Those are some pretty good memories. Most of it probably looks about the same.

1963 Austin Healey BJ7 purchased in 1969. Recent frame-up restoration.

Mike Barone Houston Avatar
Mike Barone Houston Mike Barone
Houston, TX, USA   USA
Used mine as a pick-up.

Brought home the Europa hood to bodywork tonight.

Attachments:
AH PU.jpg    17.7 KB
AH PU.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links