Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
AHExp

The Sprite Forum

Anyone have a contact for 0 offset Minilites?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lewisracing Avatar
lewisracing Michael Scott
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
Happy new years all!

I have inherited a Sprite with what seem to be replica Minilites, standard 5x13 with 4x4" hubs. The front has been converted to disc brakes and sprung suspension, so the front wheels are showing a 2 1/4" wider track than the rear. I understand from the internet that the fronts are supposed to run wider, but that is way too mis-matched for my taste. I would like to bring the rear tires out to more closely match the fronts. I would prefer going the wheel route than trying to use a hub/spacer. My current wheels seem to be in the range of 20-26 offset, so I am figuring that if I can find similar wheels that have a 0 offset, that will get me closer to where I need to be.

I will probably try calling Minilite tomorrow, but today they are closed for obvious reasons. I just spent 2 hours searching for 0 offset 5x13 wheels with no luck, so hoping someone else knows more about where I can be directed to find them.

Inherited my father's 1958 AH Sprite, currently restoring from bare metal and rusty parts out of cardboard boxes after 40+ years in storage.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jim Gruber Avatar
Riverview, FL, USA   USA
Try John Browne Wheels in UK. Quite a variety of sizes, widths, and styles available. If you need wheel spacers at longer lug nuts Winners Circle now locsted in Cincinnati stocks them.

Jim Gruber - Tampa/Riverview FL
Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new -
A truly rust free, garaged in Los Angeles for 57 years Bugeye

BMac Avatar
BMac Brendan MacRae
Grass Valley, CA, USA   USA
Well, i understand you want to solve it in the wheels but adding Superfins brake drums in the back will add 1" in the direction you want with very little effort (1"=26mm of backspace). The Superfins drums were originally designed to solve this same issue on the original Mini Cooper S cars that came standard with factory 7.5" front discs. Of course, you'll need to install longer studs, too.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lewisracing Avatar
lewisracing Michael Scott
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
Jim, thank you! I found the John Browne website, that is very helpful. They don't seem to list 0 offset wheels, but it is a good start. They do have 1" "competition" spacers and studs, so I might try that first.

Brendan, the superfins look like an excellent route, but I forgot to mention that my rear has also been converted to disc brakes, so that wont work, but would have been an excellent solution if I still had drum brakes.

Inherited my father's 1958 AH Sprite, currently restoring from bare metal and rusty parts out of cardboard boxes after 40+ years in storage.

Jim Gruber Avatar
Riverview, FL, USA   USA
Winners Circle now located in Cincinnati can get you wheel spacers and longer lugs. Plus a lot of other specialty parts. A BE Owner and Racer.
www.spridget.com

216-889-4666.

NFI.

Jim Gruber - Tampa/Riverview FL
Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new -
A truly rust free, garaged in Los Angeles for 57 years Bugeye

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links