Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MikeHawthorne Mike Kingsbury
Ada, MI, USA   USA
Hi

Seeing you have a place to post video, I couldn't stop myself from posting this.

I did this a couple of years ago just as a joke to send to Rob.

It was edited from a local news video that showed my nephew Rob and the Sprite at our local sports car track.

I added the sound track, effects and the voice over.

Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bansheedave Avatar
bansheedave david ekleberry
East lansing, MI, USA   USA
We are going to paint our sprite a 2015 ford metallic blue. Very pretty color and will make the little sprite pop. I'll post a current pics of the current state as it sits. Just been doing tons of body sanding and prep work till I can order new sheetme.

bansheedave Avatar
In reply to # 175932 by bansheedave We are going to paint our sprite a 2015 ford metallic blue. Very pretty color and will make the little sprite pop. I'll post a current pics of the current state as it sits. Just been doing tons of body sanding and prep work till I can order new sheetme.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20150527_161640.jpg    44 KB
20150527_161640.jpg

20150527_161727.jpg    39 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20150527_161713.jpg    50 KB
20150527_161739.jpg    27.6 KB
frogeye61 Avatar
frogeye61 Donn Engler
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark   DNK
1957 Triumph MC Tiger Cub
1961 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "FenrisSprite"
1961 Austin-Healey Sprite "FenrisSprite"
1963 Land Rover 88SW    & more
Just my opinion. I think square sprites do very well with metallic colours, but not the frogeye.
I think though that you might want to take care of some of that body work first before spraying.
On the bottom door hinge, just buy the entire repair set. When I did mine, I tried saving as much original metal as possible. I shouldn't have. It was way too much work. The rest of it, at least from the pictures, looks like straight forward sheet metal repair. Good luck. When you're done you will have something to be proud of.
Nice looking project. smiling smiley

Improved link to A-series Sizing and Compression Ratio program, now also with version excel 2003
Frogeye restoration photos on Flickr

bansheedave Avatar
Going to keep as much original metal as I can. I have a lot of sheetmetal that I need to replace. I've been doing metal body work and paint stripping while getting ready to order everything I can to replace what had rotted away. Thanks for the positive words, it helps.

TedRishel Theodore Rishel
Long Beach, MS, USA   USA
That's beautiful. How's it going? My 66 has a lot of body filler. How do you deal w that?

Mark Smith Avatar
Graham, WA - Washington, USA   USA
In reply to # 179097 by TedRishel That's beautiful. How's it going? My 66 has a lot of body filler. How do you deal w that?

That depends on a lot of things. If it was put on properly and looks good there is no reason to do anything. I know body filler has a bad rap but there is really nothing wrong with it. There are of course a lot of people that think it is easy to apply and make look nice but not everyone can. If you have deep pockets and want it to look perfect it will cost a pretty penny to have someone grind it all off and start over. If they find rust under it then of course it will cost more. A rule of thumb is a dent the size of your hand is an hour of body work and that does not include paint. Grinding out bondo is even more labor intensive. Hope that helps.

Only place it looks bad is where panels come together. Bondo right over the joint in places. Also where some edges are chipped. I like the leave it alone idea. Also my boot lid (the trunk) stands open about a half inch when latched. Tried adjusting the post the latch catches onto. No dice. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot for your friendly responses. Helps mucho.

Mark Smith Avatar
Graham, WA - Washington, USA   USA
In reply to # 179663 by TedRishel Only place it looks bad is where panels come together. Bondo right over the joint in places. Also where some edges are chipped. I like the leave it alone idea. Also my boot lid (the trunk) stands open about a half inch when latched. Tried adjusting the post the latch catches onto. No dice. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot for your friendly responses. Helps mucho.

1/2" is quite a bit, Can you post some pics? I have not gotten to my trunk yet so I don't know how much adjustment there is but I am thinking if it is a double latch then maybe you are only catching the first part of the latch and you actually may have to bring the up the hook part in the trunk so the latch part that is on the lid has enough room to catch the second part of the latch. Am I explaining that well enough? Someone else that is more familiar with these can say if it is a double latch.

deez Avatar
deez Edd H
Chico, CA, USA   USA
1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Miss Scarlet"
Here's a shot of mine going down the road, and a video I just did with my GoPro Christmas present.

Attachments:
HealeyTrevor.jpg    27.5 KB
HealeyTrevor.jpg

IMG_5226-2048wm.jpg    82.4 KB
Onsprite Avatar
Onsprite Grant R
Sault Ste Marie, ON, Canada   CAN
Here is my 58 that I bought about 2 years ago in Sask. Canada and shipped back to Ontario
Car needed to be gone thru and I am trying to fix one problem at a time. So going is slow.
It has an early (1987 Thereabouts,) Mitsubishi with a five speed
Am hoping to have it on the street this summer. Heres hopin

Attachments:
1958_Austin_Healey_Sprite_Green_Grant_R_000.jpg    54.9 KB
1958_Austin_Healey_Sprite_Green_Grant_R_000.jpg

DaveinIowa Avatar
DaveinIowa David Stecher
Des Moines, IA, USA   USA
1966 Austin-Healey Sprite "Bar-B-Car"
'66 Sprite, engine and exterior 95% done. Can't wait to drive and work on interior.

Attachments:
Sprite April.jpg    56 KB
Sprite April.jpg

Very sparkly!

CAorBust Avatar
CAorBust Steph M
albany, NY, USA   USA
After replacing the floats, rebuilding the starter, new plugs, fuel pump, and choke and starter cables, the motor started right up after 35 years in someones garage. What a beautiful sound!

Attachments:
sprite3.jpg    32.4 KB
sprite3.jpg

sprite2.jpg    53.6 KB
sprite1.jpg    37.1 KB
humphreythebugeye Issa Eismont
Fairfax, CA, USA   USA
Humphrey by the golden date bridge

1960 bug eye "humphrey"

Attachments:
image.jpeg    41.8 KB
image.jpeg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links