Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

shalleck Avatar
shalleck Steve H
Indianapolis, IN, USA   USA
My Bugeye Ilean sits with the driver side rear about 2 inches lower than the passenger side.

I pulled the springs yesterday expecting to see appreciable sag on the driver's side, but I can't see any difference between the two springs. Could the driver's spring have lost tension without showing sag when not under a load?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Springs.jpg    94.9 KB
Springs.jpg

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Hi Steve,

Your springs actually look pretty good. Look closely at the spring boxes. The box on the driver's side may be rusted enough to allow the sag. Also, when you pulled the springs were there any shims in the spring boxes? My blue Bugeye uses shims to adjust the height of the rear end.

westburn70 Eric Flack
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, UK   GBR
These are the original 15 leave springs. The current repos are 10 leaf and give ride height problems. 15 leafs are available in the UK at an astronomic price. Check shockers. Also the suspension top link bar. I have seen these rusted through.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Shims can easily fix the ride height problems with the 10 leaf springs currently available. The blue Bugeye in my avatar photo has 3 leaf springs and rear ride height is adjusted with shims. Also easy to do with the original 15 leaf springs or the aftermarket 10 leaf springs. smiling smiley

In reply to # 208369 by westburn70 These are the original 15 leave springs. The current repos are 10 leaf and give ride height problems. 15 leafs are available in the UK at an astronomic price. Check shockers. Also the suspension top link bar. I have seen these rusted through.

shalleck Avatar
shalleck Steve H
Indianapolis, IN, USA   USA
Surprisingly, the spring boxes look good. Lotsa dirt in there. Couldn't get out to really check closely today because the grandkids were with us.

I think I'll clean up the boxes and check them closely. If they still look good after cleaning I'll swap the springs and play with shims to level the car.

Can't drive for a while with more snow coming and temps dropping to -10.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links