Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NEKBugeye Gold Member Joe H
Danville, USA   USA
....to opening a front tilt bonnet ?
My Bugeye bonnet's in good shape structurally but there's a fair amount of twist when it's lifted from one side, which causes it to bind.
Have others experienced this ?
Solutions or methods ?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
smaceng Avatar
smaceng Scott Macdonald
Martinez, CA, USA   USA
Are the extension arms binding on one side?
Make sure both are free and operate without binding. Good Luck....Scott in CA

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Front tilt bonnets are pretty floppy. You have to carefully lift from the middle of the rear edge.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
Joe,
I just grab mine by the headlight pods and pull it up...keeps it straight. I also let it down the same way which helps with the alignment.
Rut

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
How can you grab it by the headlight pods with the headlights in place? I'm confused. confused smiley

In reply to # 208718 by Perdido Joe,
I just grab mine by the headlight pods and pull it up...keeps it straight. I also let it down the same way which helps with the alignment.
Rut

Perdido Avatar
Rick,
I just put my hands on top of each pod above the headlight and pull it forward. I don’t have any assist mechanism installed, but it’s still pretty easy.
Rut

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
I would have never thought you could get enough leverage to lift the bonnet that way. I will have to try it when I get the bonnet back on my car.

In reply to # 208720 by Perdido Rick,
I just put my hands on top of each pod above the headlight and pull it forward. I don’t have any assist mechanism installed, but it’s still pretty easy.
Rut

NEKBugeye Gold Member Joe H
Danville, USA   USA
A $3.19 solution.
I stamped out a small hook (of sorts) and used two #8 screws (20 cents) and a 4 foot dog leash ($2.99).
Works flawlessly and you can even color match the leash to your car spinning smiley sticking its tongue out !
While I'm OK with having the small hook permanently attached to my hood because my car's more of a custom build...others that are restoring theirs to a show level will have to seek another solution.

Attachments:
002 (94).jpg    39.6 KB
002 (94).jpg

003 (60).jpg    41.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
66Sprite Avatar
66Sprite David R
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
I'd be very careful if you ever shake hands with Rut - sounds like he'd brake your bones with his grip smiling smiley

Perdido Avatar
In reply to # 208744 by 66Sprite I'd be very careful if you ever shake hands with Rut - sounds like he'd brake your bones with his grip smiling smiley

Nah, my wife can’t lift it cause she’s 5’2” and 125, but it’s easy for me and I ain’t the hulk. 1 make sure your hands are clean 2 make sure the car is clean 3 place hands on headlight pods palm down 4 pull toward yo self and the bonnet comes up...as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4.
Rut

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1954 Austin Healey 100

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links