AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

LSD
phil1972 Avatar
phil1972 Phillip D
Riverfalls, WI, USA   USA
Hi all looking at putting a lsd in my sprite it has a welded rear at the moment and is great for hill climbs but no good on auto cross.
Putting out 160 hp at the wheels Any info from you race guys would be great thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Re: LSD
Jim Gruber Avatar
Riverview, FL, USA   USA
Definitely not an ASeries under the bonnet.

Jim Gruber - Tampa/Riverview FL
Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new -
A truly rust free, garaged in Los Angeles for 57 years Bugeye

jbhege Avatar
jbhege John Hege
Danbury, NC, USA   USA
1959 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Blue Car"
1959 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Rusty Car"
1959 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Carl Edwards Car"
1959 Austin-Healey Sprite "Orange Car"
Haven't used LSD since my twenties, but one things for sure, you never know till you try it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
phil1972 Avatar
phil1972 Phillip D
Riverfalls, WI, USA   USA
Looking at your picture I now know where all the sprites are hiding

minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
With a 160 HP at the wheels and wanting a limited slip you might want to consider a narrowed Ford 8". This will also give you much stronger axles. A number of TR3 & 4 vintage cars use these.

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
In reply to # 208183 by minimarc With a 160 HP at the wheels and wanting a limited slip you might want to consider a narrowed Ford 8". This will also give you much stronger axles. A number of TR3 & 4 vintage cars use these.

Agree.....don't think the stock axles will take much of that.

Kurt

rem959 Avatar
rem959 Paul Ross
Stalbridge, Dorset, UK   GBR
Hi Jim,
If you upgrade to the later 1500 midget half shafts(least expensive option) you can use a quaife ATB, this works really well on my Mk3 with a K series 1800, Dyno'd at 180hp.

There are quite a few company's selling tougher hard shafts in EN17 or better EN19. Frontline & Peter May engineering (more reasonable) in the u.k.

Worth looking at the Diff ratio, I have a 3.5 in mine for Heathrow trans, again in the UK, you can but the Diff & the ATB fitted to save you setting up.

Hope this helps, I did a lot of research on this if you need further info. There's a really good article written by a racer in Ausy, with lots of answers.

Good luck with the project, sounds like fun!

Paul

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links