Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

HealeyBob1 Avatar
HealeyBob1 Bob Bishop
Littleton, USA   USA
I am restoring a 60 Bug. Do the curved door pockets have padding underneath the vinyl covering? My old one did but they dont look factory.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
No padding. The panels were made of hardboard and had cardboard pieces around the sides and bottom under the vinyl.

Attachments:
6749E906-1655-40E6-B297-4601173F3418.jpeg    15.2 KB
6749E906-1655-40E6-B297-4601173F3418.jpeg

HealeyBob1 Avatar
HealeyBob1 Bob Bishop
Littleton, USA   USA
OK thanks. That makes more sense. I am missing the cardboard that goes on the bottom and sides. Any idea where to get these? Or can they be made?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jim Gruber Avatar
Riverview, FL, USA   USA
Bugeye Guy sells what he says are correct door pockets a tad pricey at $150 a set.NFI

Jim Gruber - Tampa/Riverview FL
Bugsy I - '68 Sprite w BE Bonnet - Gone but not forgotten
Bugsy IV - '60 Bugeye - 1,275+.040 and a 5-Speed - CA Car - 2nd Owner from new -
A truly rust free, garaged in Los Angeles for 57 years Bugeye

HealeyBob1 Avatar
HealeyBob1 Bob Bishop
Littleton, USA   USA
Yes, I just need the cardboard. I will ask him.

Desert Rat Avatar
Desert Rat Chris S.
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Pretty sure Bugeye Guy sells the door pockets made by AH Spares, still $117.00 USD a pair from them but way cheaper.
I restored mine last year using what was left of the cardboard as a template. Trying to find thick enough cardboard that didn’t have have a core was the hardest part. I don’t recommend using a cardboard box, the ripples show through vinyl and foam core dents too easy. I found thick cardboard at a local upholstery supply.
I have my measurements around here somewhere, I just moved, I’ll look for them and post them up.

Agnes, an original, unrestored, unmolested 1960 Austin Healey Sprite Bugeye, bought by my father in 1961 from the first owner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 05:01 PM by Desert Rat.

Attachments:
F5E2B78F-FF15-4005-BD14-660B9EC6C962.jpeg    30.6 KB
F5E2B78F-FF15-4005-BD14-660B9EC6C962.jpeg

C4CED1AD-E878-4A78-A2EE-9986C34E57D7.jpeg    30.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
I used poster board on mine when I restored them. I also ordered an interior kit from AH Spares and they sent door pockets that were flat. I much prefer the originals with the nice bowed out top.
Rut

HealeyBob1 Avatar
HealeyBob1 Bob Bishop
Littleton, USA   USA
I have the bowed originals. They have had the cardboard removed. If somebody has the dimensions I will make them.
Thanks

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
This thread has photos with dimensions for every part of the door pockets. It even has dimensions for the vinyl door liner.

https://www.ahexp.com/forum/the-sprite-forum.6/template-for-bugeye-door-liners.202871/page-2

In reply to # 209121 by HealeyBob1 I have the bowed originals. They have had the cardboard removed. If somebody has the dimensions I will make them.
Thanks

frogeye alan fisher
portsmouth, RI, USA   USA
I have a few spare map pockets here
Alan

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Austin Healey 100 Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links