The best lift investment

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NEKBugeye Gold Member Joe H
Danville, USA   USA
Having done a number of car projects without a lift I decided to treat myself a few years ago.
This is the absolute best lift...has a 6,000 lb capacity..is mobile (hence the name "Mobil Man"winking smiley and works like a pallet jack.
Goes high enough to walk under the car. There is nothing like standing comfortably while welding in floors.
$3,000 or so delivered.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
005 (38).jpg    46 KB
005 (38).jpg

007 (21).jpg    46.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
004 (39).jpg    39.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, CO, USA   USA
How tall is the post when its at the bottom? Some of us have 8' ceilings, it looks like its taller than that. I've been looking at the scissor-type myself that allow full access when under the car. Granted, I'm not welding floors in either. I'd love to have one of those if I had the high ceiling.

'58 Bugeye
'66 'Stang

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Sorry Mark, the column is 8 1/2' tall. You need to either dig a hole in the floor or poke a hole in your ceiling.

In reply to # 207803 by AN5L8016 How tall is the post when its at the bottom? Some of us have 8' ceilings, it looks like its taller than that. I've been looking at the scissor-type myself that allow full access when under the car. Granted, I'm not welding floors in either. I'd love to have one of those if I had the high ceiling.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Danville, USA   USA
The lift measures 8 foot 7 inches at the top (I have 12 foot ceilings). But with some basic welding skills it could be shortened...obviously you couldn't walk under the car but there would be enough room to work.
I had thought of modifying a boat lift (can't seem to paste a picture)...they usually have enough capacity to lift a Sprite.

shalleck Avatar
shalleck Steve H
Indianapolis, IN, USA   USA
Joe, does it need a 220 outlet? I have a 10 ft ceiling, but only 110 outlets.

Danville, USA   USA
Plugs into 110 Steve.
There is nothing like being able to move the car around the shop when it's on the lift !

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Austin Healey 3000

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links