Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

AN5L 3631 Avatar
AN5L 3631 Don Weir
York, PA, USA   USA
I spent the day on the wiper motor. Opened the drive gear case and found this. What does the copper strip do? Does anyone have a good cap with the copper strip in place that they would sell to me?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCN4245.JPG    57.6 KB
DSCN4245.JPG

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
That parks the wipers. Commonly damaged and unobtanium unless you can find a very generous soul. Easy to fry if the wiper motor is wired incorrectly. The wiper motor is always wired hot with the switch completing the connection to ground. Wipers will still work without it but you will have to park them manually.

Kurt

westburn70 Eric Flack
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, UK   GBR
They were fitted to lots of British cars. UK junkyards is place to hunt. In the "old" days Lucas would sell
you all these "bits"!" Might try "flea" bay.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Binnman Ron C
Blessington, Wicklow, Ireland   IRL
Hi Don,

As I've moved on to a two-speed wiper motor, I have the single speed available. If nobody else can help you out, send me a PM with your address, and I'll mail the cap (same as yours) to you. All FOC. (It's Christmas after all)

May be a couple of days before the post office opens here for full service. I'll let you know when it has gone to you.

Best wishes and happy to help,

Ron
Wicklow,
Ireland.

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
There you go! A generous soul! You really need to determine why that was damaged though.

Kurt

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Austin Healey Sprite

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links