A friend recently send me a link to an ad posted by a fellow enthusiast liquidating his supply of British car parts. The add just had a bonnet and original hardtop but it turned out he had a lot more available. The seller lives about six hours away from us but we were going to be only 45 minutes away from him on another trip. We left early, stopped by to see what we could find, and made it to our main objective in plenty of time.
What did we pick up you ask? Well let me tell you:
- Original hardtop. It has no glass and the seals need replacing but the fibreglass is in pretty good shape... nothing that some TLC won't take of.
- A pair of complete seats for a later Sprite. I'm not overly concerned about having the "proper" seats as I'm not doing a concours restoration. I will be reupholstering them in red with white piping.
- A pair of side curtains that are structurally sound though in need of new seals and felt tracks.
- A replacement fuel gauge as the one I had was falling apart
- A windscreen complete with both pillars intact. The glass is broken but that's not an issue as I have another one on hand. The main reason I picked this one up is for the pillars as I was missing the left side one.
Everything needs a bit of TLC, but the price made it more than worthwhile.